Views
Helpful
Replies

CME License convert to CUWL

nomykhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to check if the CME license can be converted to CUWL license. My customer has CME license for Cisco 2800 series but the customer is now moving to centralized call processing model with CUWL. Is there a way we can covert the CME licene to CUWL.

Regards,

Nouman

6 Replies 6

Hello,

CME license can be converted but not to CUWL , you can contact licenseing@cisco.com and show them a proof for the purchasing of the CME license and the new contract for the CUCM and they will send you the license for the call manager DLU .

Amer

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Nouman, CME To SRST and vice versa is typically allowed. I dont think this type of conversion is allowed. Although i could be wrong , since Cisco changes their policies all the time..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Shanky,

I already did it before, a customer has CME and he bought CUCM , licenseing team convert the DLU license from CME to the CUCM , there is no problem with that .

Amer

Amer

Thats good to know...i guess he can then convert traditional licenses to CUWL by purchasing the SKU after migrating from CME to CM..licenses..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Hello shanky,

I am not really sure about the CUWL , i didn't ask about it before and never done it , although if there is a partnumber to migrate from CUCM user to CUWL , i guess he can use that .

Amer

Yeah once you are in traditional licensing with CUCM, you can simply migrate to CUWL by only paying the difference in cost (since you already have paid for the CUCM licenses, you pay the difference for Unity, Presence etc - in case of CUWL STD)...look for a SKU with decprition (CM+APPS or something similar)>..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW