I am migrating CME from the old router 38XX to a new router 29XX but I have a few questions below, just wondering if anyone can help?
Thanks in advance
1. Although CME-as-SRST licenses are Right To Use, however Cisco doesn't support license migration from G1 (18xx, 28xx and 38xx) to G2 ISRs (29xx and 39xx)
2. No, CME is standalone call processing engine and cannot be migrated on CUCM. Unless, you are referring to CME-as-SRST licenses are added on PLM
3. Yes, you can SM-SRE-910 module can be used to Unity connection or express with CUCM 10.5
[+5] to Shashank and Ahmad .
to answer your queries:
a. migration of CME/SRST licenses from ISR G1 to G2 is not supported
Q. If I am upgrading my Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR) from Generation 1 (G1) to Generation 2 (G2), can I reuse my existing SRST licenses?
1. Migration of CME/SRT licenses from an ISR G1 to ISR G2 is not supported. You need to order separate licenses while migrating to ISR G2.
2. If you want to migrate from CME to CUCM based environment then yes you can migrate the CME licenses to CUCM by ordering the appropriate SKU.
3. You can integrate CUE with CUCM via CTI/JTAPI.