cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME licensing for 881V ISR and ip phones (7945, 8821)

wfx01
Level 1
Level 1

hello - please can you advise on the appropriate call manager express license for the 881V ISR.   for providing service to cisco ip phones (7945, 8821).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

successfully installed CUCM 12.0 on ESXI 6.5.  automatically registered the 8821 wireless phone by setting the tftp address to the CUCM server.   seems like feature overkill as compared to CME but the server virtualization is priceless.  

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Here you go depends on what you want. Keep in mind that you can have 5
phones only.

SRST

C881SRST-K9

Cisco 881 SRST Ethernet Security Router with FXS, FXO

C881SRSTW-GN-A-K9

Cisco 881 SRST Ethernet Security Router with FXS, FXO; 802.11n FCC Compliant

C881SRSTW-GN-E-K9

Cisco 881 SRST Ethernet Security Router with FXS, FXO; 802.11n ETSI
Compliant

C888SRST-K9

Cisco 888 SRST G.SHDSL Router with FXS, BRI

C888SRSTW-GN-A-K9

Cisco 888 SRST G.SHDSL Router with FXS, BRI; 802.11n FCC Compliant

C888SRSTW-GN-E-K9

Cisco 888 SRST G.SHDSL Router with FXS, BRI; 802.11n ETSI Compliant

thanks. i’m not sure about support for the 8821 wireless phone though.

the call manager 11.6 data sheet says isr 881v and 2901 are supported, but
the 8821 phone is supported only in ‘fast track mode’.

but if you search in feature manager for ‘new endpoints’ incl 8821, only
isr 4421 is listed. makes me think only the current model isr will work
with that 8821 wireless phone.

Fast track will get it working. It should be fine with 2900 ISR G2 CME

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
8821 support was added with 15.7.3M release on CME.
Else you will have to use fast track taken the fact that your CME is verion 10.5 and higher.

With the latest CME releases 88XX are natively supported. Fast track will limit the feature support.

thanks.  however i am really not sure about purchasing dedicated hardware.   for maintenance and recovery reasons.  

will cisco support CME on vmware virtual machines (red-hat linux)? what are the requirements for CPU/core and memory? what versions of CME will work? 

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
CME is not supported as a virtual machine as of right now.

How will you run DSP resources when it come to VM. Not supported. Only CUBE is supported on CSR only with restrictions

i am going to try CUCM on ESXI 6.5.   if i can find the install media and figure out the licensing.  there might be a demo license for 6 months, but it seems one of the best ways is to buy an old ISR like the 881.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-cisco-unified-communications-manager.html#v12 

successfully installed CUCM 12.0 on ESXI 6.5.  automatically registered the 8821 wireless phone by setting the tftp address to the CUCM server.   seems like feature overkill as compared to CME but the server virtualization is priceless.