Views
Helpful
Replies

CME on a USB?

love2xlr8
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I have a 2800 that is log on CF space, I have ordered another one, but in the mean time I had a 2 gb USB that i inserted.. The usb was recognized by the router and all the CME files are there..

My question is would it be possible to run all the CME files from USBFLASH1:, and the leave the IOS and the rest on the CF is it possible at all or I am wasting my time..

Thanks

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is possible, however in most cases the files really needed are really few and will fit on a small flash anyway.

Paolo,

I have specified all the file on "tftp-server usbflash1:xxxxxxx" is there anything else i need to do ?

As the far as the space on CF Is concer the CME 7.1 full is about 67MB and the basic about half that size, even that amount I don't have the CF available ..

Thanks for your reply ..

The point that I'm trying to convey is that to run a perfectly working CME you don't need any file from even the 'basic' set, perhaps just the GUI files that are quite small.

I'm sorry I'm not quite following you.. Could you be more specific what files are needed and what aren't ? I'm sure I'm going to need the load files correct? I don;t care about the GUI though..

You don't need the load files after you are done updating phone firmware.

So the answer is that just need what you actually use.

If you look at the files it's easy to see what they are for.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!