Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Question

j-lehmann
Level 4
Level 4

Hello @ all,

we use the command "no forward local-calls" to forbid that internal calls are transferred. The Internal caller here a busy tone, it is possible that the internal users here a free tone or break the call forward, so that internal users can reach the internal phone?

Thanks Joerg

5 Replies 5

Tony Huynh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Joerg,

You could use "call-forward pattern" command instead of "no forward local-calls" to specifically restrict what patterns calls forwards are allowed to.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00806a8300.html#wp1016947

For example, if you only want to allow call-forward to local 4 digit extensions, specify:

call-forward pattern ....

Regards,

Tony

Hello,

thanks for that tip, but this is not what we need or I understand that function not correct. What we loocking for is that external calls are forwarded to a attendant phone and internal calls are not, if we use the no forward local-calls command the internal users hear a bussy tone instead of a free tone

I open for any changes on my config what i have uploaded.

Thanks for help joerg

Hi, can you restate your goals in different words, making an example perhaps ? I cannot really understand what is that you want to do.

Hi Joerg

Did you found a solution for that problem? I have also customers, which likes to have this funtion like you do. Forward external calls to the attendant and normal ringing for internal calls.

The no forward local-calls does work like it is written in the command reference, but this is not what customer like:

Command Reference

Usage Guidelines

When the no forward local-calls command is used in ephone-dn configuration mode, internal calls to that ephone-dn are not forwarded if the ephone-dn is busy or does not answer. If the ephone-dn is busy, the caller hears a busy signal.If the ephone-dn does not answer, the caller hears a ringback signal. The call is not forwarded even if call forwarding is enabled for the ephone-dn.

In my opinion the function should work like:

External calls are forward, internal should ring or still better user should have the possibility to choose between ring or forwarding to another extension than external calls. I think this is possible with the Callmanager (not express).

Regards

Peter

Hello,

no we found not a solution, You are right it is possible only with CCM.

Regards Joerg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: