Views
Helpful
Replies

CME SIP Digest Auth no response

tobyboulton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to the Cisco IP telephony world and am hitting a few roadblocks getting a basic working system setup.

One main wall I'm running into is getting my SIP trunk registering and working and I'm starting to pull my hair out a bit.

I have spoken with my provider and they have let me know that my CME is not responding to their digest auth challenge. 

debug ccsip messages is showing that I'm getting WWW-Authenticate: Digest algorithm=MD5, realm="asterisk", nonce="73d4f503" which is apparently a sign that digest authentication isn't working so I'm lead to believe. 

I have attached to this my config from  my 2801 and the syslog dump from ccsip messages when registration tries to take place.

If i have missed anything please let me know. 

Thanking you in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your provider realm is "asterisk" but you have configured a different realm in your config.

sip-ua 
 credentials username 61xxxxxx900 password 7 xx realm sip.trunk.providor
 authentication username 61xxxxxx900 password 7 xx realm sip.trunk.providor

Try and change your config to use realm as asterisk..

Sun Apr 15 12:50:33 2018;x.x.x.175; <191>822: WWW-Authenticate: Digest algorithm=MD5, realm="asterisk", nonce="73d4f503"

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your provider realm is "asterisk" but you have configured a different realm in your config.

sip-ua 
 credentials username 61xxxxxx900 password 7 xx realm sip.trunk.providor
 authentication username 61xxxxxx900 password 7 xx realm sip.trunk.providor

Try and change your config to use realm as asterisk..

Sun Apr 15 12:50:33 2018;x.x.x.175; <191>822: WWW-Authenticate: Digest algorithm=MD5, realm="asterisk", nonce="73d4f503"

Please rate all useful posts

Thank you so much, worked like a charm.

I was so tunnel visioned as to this realm required to be the FQDN of the provider. 

Thanks again!