cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME SIP dn registraion to ITSP, no-reg not working!

mileslevi89
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SIP phone registered to CME on 12.4 Ive tried everything to keep the phone from trying to register to the ITSP 

I have tried: voice register dn, no-reg. Still trying to register to ITSP.
I tried: voice register global, max-dn 15 no-reg both resulting in an invalid command.
Also: telephony-service, no auto-reg-ephone but that didnt work either.

r#show sip-ua register status
Line peer expires(sec) registered
================================ ========== ============ ==========
1003 40001 46 no
247121 -1 2196 yes

Received:
SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060;branch=z9hG4bK87791E8E;received=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;rport=21834
To: <sip:1003@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>;tag=as6a7dfea5
Call-ID: DBD31A66-5B3511ED-A0DFA617-75C059C4
CSeq: 484 REGISTER
Server: voip.ms
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, INFO, PUBLISH, MESSAGE
Supported: replaces, timer
WWW-Authenticate: Digest algorithm=MD5, realm="seattle.voip.ms", nonce="5706cd39"
Content-Length: 0

7 Replies 7

If you’re using registration for the SIP trunk from your ITSP you’d need to use tenant configuration for this to define the registrar for the trunk. This is because the registrar defined under sip-ua is global and needs to be set to the CME for the SIP phones to register with CME. If you need help with what to change please share your running configuration so that we can suggest the appropriate changes.

Response Signature

qaidfor
Level 1
Level 1

similar issue with me, and i'm unable to resolve it 

forpc.onl youtube vanced for pc

If you share your running configuration we can advise you on what you’ll need to do.

Response Signature

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If your SIP trunk registration is using an outbound proxy, then you can also try the below:

voice register global
no outbound-proxy

Make sure to do a "create profile" after this.

HTH
Rajan
Please mark all useful posts as helpful and solutions as accepted wherever applicable

I wonder if you ever resolved this? I agree, the no-reg commands seem to have no effect whatsoever on certain dns.

I have also tried using a tenant which made no effect, it repeatedly tries to register certain dns to that tenant.

If you share your running configuration we can advise you on what you’ll need to modify.

Response Signature

edwardforgacs
Level 1
Level 1

It was fixed by a reload, and by re-applying the no-reg both commands to some of the ephone-dns. I'm going to have to conclude it was a bug (one of many) in CME.

Under show telephony-service dial-peer, some dial-peers were missing no e164 registration despite having no-reg both. This was fixed for some of them by re-entering the same number command under ephone-dn, but there were a couple of stubborn entries which would not disappear from sh sip-ua register status until it was reloaded.

My main concern is whether those phantom registrations will come back. I checked and the no-reg both change does appear to have persisted after a reload.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: