Views
Helpful
Replies

CME SIP issues not seen in CME SCCP

cstamataras
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to everyone,

until recently all our routers were with SCCP CME but the ones bought recently were configured with SIP CME and SIP Cisco Phones. We are facing the following two issues:

1. after the external user hears the IVR messages (Cisco tcl scripts on the router) and presses the 0 to connect to the voice hunt group where 2 or more voice register dns are listed. Someone from the Office attempts to pickup the call but it does not work. Of course the telephony service has the call-park system application, all the voice register dn's have the pickup-call any-group, but nothing works (either with Pickup or with GPickup).

2. The SCCP CMEs have the directory entry configured so all numbers that were configured with names in the telephony-service configuration were shown with names at the displays of the SCCP phones. In the SIP CMEs, it does not work even though the directory entry commands were once again entered in the telephony-service.

Has anyone faced the same issues? Anyone has any workaround or resolution to suggest?

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

can you provide us with the debug ccsip message and simulate a call, provide us with the IP addresses of the endpoints as well as extensions.

This sounds like a SIP 'signalling' issue.

cheers

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I uploaded the debug files but what I have seen is that:

• when the user selects through the IVR to connect to a specific Internal extension, the pickup works fine. However,
  • when they press 0 and get directed to the hunt group, the pickup does not work.

It seems that the hunt group creates the issue...

The files are:

• pickupfrom7821fromhunt.txt where the call goes to 900 which is the BACD number the play the IVR messages and user selects 0 and is directed to hunt group with pilot number 500 which sends the call initially to 501 and 511 tries to pickup the call, and it fails
  • pickupfrom7821.txt where the call goes to 900 which is the BACD number the play the IVR messages and user selects 1 501 and is directed to 501 and 511 tries to pickup the call and it works fine
  • I also attached a debug ccsip all at the exact moment that the Internal user presses Pickup to get at 512 the call that was sent to 501 with no luck.

What noticed in the debug files pickupxxx.txt is that the one that is failing shows at Line 58

SIP/2.0 484 Address Incomplete error

while at exactly the same line, the one that works shows

CANCEL sip:501@10.97.152.2:5060 SIP/2.0

Anyone has any idea why?

About the display of the caller id that works with SCCP but not with SIP, do you have any idea why?

Thanks.

I have upgraded to version CME version 11.6 and the phones to the relevant firmware versions and nothing has changed. The two issues are still there...Again in the debug messages I get the 484 Address Incomplete.

Thanks.