Views
Helpful
Replies

CME sip trunk delay

Ansik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,

I hope someone can shed some light on what is happening here. I Have a CME setup with a SIP trunk like this: 

IP Phone --> CME --> SIP Provider

I have a delay for outgoing calls that i can't seem to find what is going wrong

- Sometimes its 10 seconds, other times more before the caller hears ringback (or when the call is made)

- When i reload my router the delay is still there, BUT if i change my codec on my Outgoing dial peer from either G711ulaw to G711alaw the delay stops and Outbound calls are instant.

This however does not last and after a few calls the delay appears again.

I have attached 2 captures, one of a call without the delay and one with the delay. I Also attached the running config.

I have already tried to change the session target to ipv4 instead of sip-server in my dial-peer, but then outbound calls fail. I Also tried to apply a voice class codec to the dial-peer, no luck. Lastly i tried dialing and closing with # but still the same.

Regards,

Ivan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yeah I see they sent you a 403 Forbidden back.

SIP/2.0 403 Forbidden-Source Endpoint Lookup Failed

I would say, you need to solve your DNS problem first, and then you might see some improvement.

First step would be to understand if the name is resolvable by DNS or not, or if you need local host records entered into CUBE. do you know?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Some of the error messages in the failed one make it seems like a DNS/IP reachability issue.

Could you resolve this name on your system and share the output?

_sip._udp.avayapbx.telesur.sr

You could also enable the following debugs for more info on the name resolution:

debug ip dns view
debug ip domain

Hi Anthony,

getting the following response. Also attached the debug logs.

ICT-CUST-BNETS-VGW#ping _sip._udp.avayapbx.telesur.sr
Translating "_sip._udp.avayapbx.telesur.sr"...domain server (255.255.255.255)
% Unrecognized host or address, or protocol not running.

I should have looked at your config closer. it doesn't look like you have DNS setup correctly. To prove this, can you simply replace the sip-server name from hostname (sip-server dns:avayapbx.telesur.sr:5060) to IP (sip-server ipv4:10.150.5.7) and run a test?

changed as below and now i get a fast busy when dialing out. i have attached the logg

sip-ua
sip-server ipv4:10.150.5.7:5060

Yeah I see they sent you a 403 Forbidden back.

SIP/2.0 403 Forbidden-Source Endpoint Lookup Failed

I would say, you need to solve your DNS problem first, and then you might see some improvement.

First step would be to understand if the name is resolvable by DNS or not, or if you need local host records entered into CUBE. do you know?

Hi Anthony,
Sorry for the delayed response, but i found the problem thanks to your advice.
I needed to add ip host _sip._udp.avayapbx.telesur.sr srv 1 50 5060 avayapbx.telesur.sr to the config. Calls have been instant ever since.

Regards,
Ivan