Views
Helpful
Replies

CME - SIP Trunk Outbound Proxy

faizanelahi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We have CME with 7821 phones and SIP trunk with the provider. As soon as I configure outbound proxy in global settings under voice service voip | SIP, account is getting registered and outgoing calls are working fine.

However, internal calls (extensions registered to CME) are stopped working. From the debug i have seen the internal calls are sending to provider. Once i remove outbound proxy, sip accout registration fails with failure in outgoing calls and success in internal calls.

I have tried configuring outbound proxy on dial-peer and tenant. But account is not registering. Please help what can be done to stop internal calls sending to SIP provider.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It should be possible to achieve this with a tenant configuration. You need to keep the global sip register for the SIP phones in CME. The connection to the service provider SIP service should be done within a tenant to separate it from the internal network.

See this document for details on how to configure tenants. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-cube-multi-tenants.html

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Nathan Gageby
Level 4
Level 4
Can you post the dial-peer section of the config? When you call phone to phone it works when the SIP provider is offline?

Yes, if the sip provider is offline, internal calls works fine. 

Below is the dial peer Config. 

dial-peer voice 1 voip

translation profile outgoing 1

Destination-pattern 97336370 (adding specific number for test)

Session protocol sipv2

Session target sip-server

Voice-class codec 1

It should be possible to achieve this with a tenant configuration. You need to keep the global sip register for the SIP phones in CME. The connection to the service provider SIP service should be done within a tenant to separate it from the internal network.

See this document for details on how to configure tenants. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-cube-multi-tenants.html

Response Signature

I tried configuring tenant and applying it to dial peer but didn't worked as I removed outbound proxy from global sip parameters. 

I will give a try by keeping globally but could you please shed some light why does the sip phones need provider address in the global config. 

The SIP phones need a registrar to register with. That’s what the global configuration is used for by CME. For the phones to register it needs the registrar to be set as the router itself. That’s why you need to configure the service provider registrar on a tenant and then tie that to the dial peers used for the SIP service provider. You likely would not need to use a SIP proxy for the registration to the service provider, unless they specifically have stated so in their configuration template.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: