Views
Helpful
Replies

CME SIP Trunk Registration

hamrletomas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys (and sorry for my English),

I'm new in IP telephony and I'd like to ask you two questions.

I'm preparing CME 10.5 on 2911 with 23 SIP phones (3905, 6961, 8941). Each phone will have different number. I know that I need to register the SIP trunk under sip-ua config mode. Under that mode, I need to config the registrar server and authentication username and password.

My question is, that the username and password I will get from SIP trunk provider, right? And my second question is, do I need to configure just this one authentication (under sip-au) or I need to configure 23 SIP accounts for every phone? I did not find anything about inserting 23 credentials for 23 phones.

Thank you very much.

Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes you have to approach to your provider for SIP UA setting registration and authentication (Username and password). They will provide you the details.

Example for SIT trunk UA setting and credentials

sip-ua 
 credentials username 00044847 password ciscolab realm sip.telphin.com -  it registers DN 00044847 at the ITSP network
 authentication username 00044847 password ciscolab realm sip.telphin.com -  it claims authentication parameters at outgoing call
 registrar dns:sip.telphin.com:5068 expires 3600IP address of ITSP Registrar 
 sip-server dns:sip.telphin.com:5068 - ITSP SIP Proxy IP address 

reference taken from below blog.

http://dbenda-en.blogspot.in/2013/03/cucm-sip-trunk-to-itsp-via-cube.html

as far concerned about the phones registration you can create your own credentials for authentication

example

voice register pool  1
 id mac 2222.2222.2222
 type 9971
 number 1 dn 1
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 voice-class codec 1
 username testuser password cisco ========> you can define it here accordingly
 no call-waiting
 description +1234567890
 no vad
 camera
 video

If you don't want authentication to be enabled on CME you can disabled authentication under voice register global then there is no need of username and password on phone level as we are not to perform challenge request between UAS and UAC.

Br,

Nadeem Ahmed

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes you have to approach to your provider for SIP UA setting registration and authentication (Username and password). They will provide you the details.

Example for SIT trunk UA setting and credentials

sip-ua 
 credentials username 00044847 password ciscolab realm sip.telphin.com -  it registers DN 00044847 at the ITSP network
 authentication username 00044847 password ciscolab realm sip.telphin.com -  it claims authentication parameters at outgoing call
 registrar dns:sip.telphin.com:5068 expires 3600IP address of ITSP Registrar 
 sip-server dns:sip.telphin.com:5068 - ITSP SIP Proxy IP address 

reference taken from below blog.

http://dbenda-en.blogspot.in/2013/03/cucm-sip-trunk-to-itsp-via-cube.html

as far concerned about the phones registration you can create your own credentials for authentication

example

voice register pool  1
 id mac 2222.2222.2222
 type 9971
 number 1 dn 1
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 voice-class codec 1
 username testuser password cisco ========> you can define it here accordingly
 no call-waiting
 description +1234567890
 no vad
 camera
 video

If you don't want authentication to be enabled on CME you can disabled authentication under voice register global then there is no need of username and password on phone level as we are not to perform challenge request between UAS and UAC.

Br,

Nadeem Ahmed

Please rate all useful post.

Hello Nadeem,

thank you for answer, you gave me valuable information. I have one more question. ITSP send me some info about authentication. 

Every telephone number in trunk is authenticated by one common authentication name (pilot number) and common SIP password.

And for every individual number in trunk (which is used in "401 unathorized" request) must be set:

• User name (individual number)
  • Authentication name (pilot number)
  • Password (common SIP password)

These three parameters I will configure under "voice register pool" config mode? (username and password as you mentioned above).

Thank you.

Tom

Hello Tom,

You need to configure this under the sip-ua

# config t

(config)#sip-ua

Br,

Nadeem Ahmed

Please rate all useful post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: