Views
Helpful
Replies

CME SIP Trunk to Cisco Unity Connection Registration and MWI issues

Giovanni Ceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Community,

I'm having an issue setting up a SIP trunk to a Cisco Unity Connection Server from a CME gateway. I followed the instructions laid out in this Cisco article:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/integration/guide/cucme_sip/cucintcucmesip.html

When the Unity connection server tries to register with the CME, it gives this error

401 Unauthorized

When I add this command under voice service voip --> sip --> registration passthru, it gives this error:

503 Service Unavailable

Everything works in regards to calling voicemail and forwarding to voicemail, but the MWI feature is not working. I'm sure it's because it's not registering properly.

CME Model = 2901 ISR, IOS Version = 15.2(1)T1, CME Version 8.8

I have a mixed environment of one SCCP phone (7941) and one SIP phone.(9951)

Unity Connection Version:8.0.3ES27.23029-27

I have attached my configs and debugs. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

John C

3 Replies 3

ADAM CRISP
Level 4
Level 4

Hello

try adding:

voice service voip

ip address trusted list

ipv4 255.255.255.255

Hey Adam,

I tried adding the code you suggested but it didn't work.

I opened a TAC case and we did a trace from Unity Connection. Now to add to the problem, it seems that the MWI is not being sent from Unity Connection to CME. I added two users to the new Phone System I created but when we looked at the traces, it says it's using the other existing SCCP Phone System (which we have for Call Manager).

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

John

Update:

So now out of nowhere, Cisco Unity Connection is sending the SIP notify messages for MWI. I didn't need to reboot the server. It looks like it attempts it 3 times but then it still fails. I've attached my logs of extension 5778 "Jack Bauer" calling extension 2037 "Charlie Sheen" and Jack leave's Charlie a voicemail. Any help is greatly appreciated. In the logs, it shows this error:

SIP/2.0 481 Call Leg/Transaction Does Not Exist

The name of the logs are CUCME_MWI_Log.txt

Thanks,

Giovanni (John)