Views
Helpful
Replies

CME sip trunked to Alcatel 4400

Maxim35
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have managed to connect the CME with the alcatel 4400 via SIP however I'm having trouble with the IP phones they have no audio the analog and digital phones are working just fine.

Kindly assist.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Maxim35
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply , Thanks for the replies but I was able to find a solution to the issue.

Turns out its was a codec issue. The CME was using G711alaw as the first preference codec and G711ulaw as the second preference while the Alcatel 4400 was set to default (Can't tell which is the default codec for the alcatel.) I changed the codec to G711ulaw and it worked.

Again thanks for the replies.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Can you share debug ccsip mess for call setup along with show call acti
voice br during an active call?

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

check the SDP in the ccsip debug message and check what the IP addresses are that RTP has to be set up between. and see if you can ping between the two. 

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Maxim35
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply , Thanks for the replies but I was able to find a solution to the issue.

Turns out its was a codec issue. The CME was using G711alaw as the first preference codec and G711ulaw as the second preference while the Alcatel 4400 was set to default (Can't tell which is the default codec for the alcatel.) I changed the codec to G711ulaw and it worked.

Again thanks for the replies.