Helpful
Replies

CME SIP trunks failing to come up...

yamikani2g2
Level 1
Level 1

Good day expert.

I have an issue 

1. My service provider says my CME is not registering issue is the have give me 2 IP addresses one they say is for signalling the other is for media? now which one do i put under here 

dial-peer voice 4000 voip

session target ipv4:10.X.X.X

2. How do i also check exactly what is happening when i call the phones are quite when i call out

Debug ccsip bring a lot of stuff

Any pointers to this will be appreciated

3 Replies 3

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

1. Session Target (session target ipv4:10.X.X.X)  is the IP address of the Provider SIP Server Side.

2. The commands that you may use are the following:

Show call active voice compact
show sip-ua register status

Would you like to post part of your running configuration to help you accordingly?

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

OUTPUT BELOW

VOIP-RTR#show sip-ua register status
Registrar is not configured

But also i get this ..

%SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGP: list 101 permitted udp 192.168.10.1(0) -> 10.9.6.18(0), 1 packet

Please note 10.9.6.18 is the said signalling IP address that i configured as my SIP server

what i configured and please find attached my running config

dial-peer voice 4000 voip

session target ipv4:10.9.6.18

In my running config i will erase what is not necessary for VoIP

thanks

Hello,

It looks like you use the same IP address on your sub-interface Gi0/0.10  and on the sip server IP address

sip-server 192.168.10.1

Please note that the sip-server IP address is the IP address on the "other-side" ie the IP address of your Telephony Provider. So you may replace/correct this IP address and replace the IP address on the dial-peers with the command "session target sip-server"

Also, have you cross-checked with the provider that there is no authenication on your SIP connectivity with the provider, as an example

"credentials number +44XXXXXXX username +44XXXXXXX@provider.com password 7 00000000fff realm provider.com"

HTH

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies