Views
Helpful
Replies

CME-SRST and CUCM integration doubt

liguoriariel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Currently we are deploying a CUCM solution, but on the customer side we are thinking in put a CME-SRST CPE, for this purposes the phones on customer side will register on CUCM but in a case of a WAN failure the local CME will act as SRST and bring survivability. At the same time the router which is the CME is going to have the connection to the PSTN, and my doubt is: On CUCM what should I configure? An H.323 connection against the CME (and use the CME as H323 GW?)? Only SRST on CUCM selecting the ip address of the CME? Or both?

Also Other question is if I receive a call from PSTN does this trigger a signaling question to the CUCM asking for the phone or the CME will solve this without talk with the CUCM?

PSTN == CME/SRST == WAN == CUCM

Thanks for all!

KR,

AL

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You configure CME as SRST the same as traditional SRST on CUCM by defining the SRST reference and assigning it to Device Pool, if you need this GW to serve as PSTN GW under normal operation you have to have it defined in CUCM as either H323, SIP, MGCP and assigned to Route Groups or directly to patterns.

HTH,

Chris