cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME-SRST auto provison and H323 GW

satish rawat
Level 1
Level 1

I am running and CUCM and Voice GW in H323 Mode and trying to use CME as SRST on Router in auto provision mode, so i would like all the configuration for phones to stay on GW even if phones are not registered. I wonder how to calls coming from PRI will behave in this scenario for example if i have a DID no for user (XXX-XXX-3000 ) and telco is sending last 4 digits on PRI then as soon as the call arrives on GW there will be a match since the auto provision config is on GW  finds the DN with 3000...shouldnt that call fail ?

I surely can try this but wanted to check if anyone has ideas how this works ?

4 Replies 4

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Dear

Kindly , find the below config , which allow you to transfer calls to your srst .

call-manager-fallback

max-conferences 8

transfer-consult full-consult

Ip source-address x.x.x.x port 2000

max-ephones

max-dn

dialplan-pattern 1 xxxxxx3...extension-length 4

Thank you

please rate if this will help

This dialplan command is just to map the 10 digit DID to an extension , the question here is if GW has a extension 3000 in config due to SRST auto provision option and a call comes for DID xxx-xxx-3000 which is supposed to go to CUCM since CM is in operation  wouldnt that call will match DN within GW and fail since no physical phone is registered nin GW ?

Srst mod auto-Provision in telephony service , this will download the phone that are in device pool & SRST config on CUCM. Based on your discussion when the CUCM is up , the call will go to CUCM and ignore the GW (SRST).Kndly be informed that three types of Srst mod auto-provision ( none , dn , all) . For your scinario you do not need the DN to be written on your running config , so you have to use srst mode auto-provision none. The shortest way is to use the high preference on the dial-peers on the gateway.

Thank you

Please rate if this will help.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Satish,

The simple answer to that is yes. The call will match the DN on the gateway. This has created issues in the past for may people since the ephone-dn created will have a better match than the dial-peer (usually configured with wild masks). Some times and I have seen this a few times even after all the phones have registered back to CUCM, the pots dial-peer created by the auto provisioning command stays active and when calls come in users get a busy tone.

You will need to them use dial-peer hunt algorithm set to preference and then change the preference settings on the ephon-dns to a higher compared to the one of the dial-peer routing calls to CUCM

I also think the behviour defers depending on the gateway IOS

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts