Views
Helpful
Replies

CME SRST

Junior Mateus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody,

I wan to know if it´s possible with the option "CME SRST", to register phone in a CUCM cluster?

Or the CME works as a separate Call agent.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

So as the Phone infrastructure  on the branch site have already CME, i don´t know, if i can set SRTS on this site without loose the phone registration to the CME, this is the first Scenario!

Answer :- You can not have SRST and CME configured on same router. Router will not allow it and is not supported by Cisco.

The second scenario,  if i use SRST with CME, is it possible to register branch phone on HQ CUCM Cluster and set

all the dial-plan, partition and css on the CUCM Cluster for the remote branch ? mean have a centralized call process on the CUCM and just use the branch CME with SRST as fallback ?

Answer :- Yes you can use it easily. But make sure you follow all the requirements for clustering over WAN in the SRND . Also I believ you can converst your CME license to SRST license but you may want to check it with Cisco sales team or wait for the inputs from other.

Regards
Ronak Patel

Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

CME as SRST is used when you have centralised deployment and want call processing redundancy ( Like normal SRST ).

You can also use normal CME ( Not CME as SRST ) as seperate call agent.

Regards
Ronak Patel

Mean that i can use CME as SRTS and register phone on CUCM !? as MGCP do ?

here is my doubt :

I have 2 branch sites already configured with CME as Call Agent without SRST and my HQ have 1 CUCM Cluster.

I have a project to interconnect or integrate the CME to the CUCM Cluster.

So as the Phone infrastructure  on the branch site have already CME, i don´t know, if i can set SRTS on this site without loose the phone registration to the CME, this is the first Scenario!

The second scenario,  if i use SRST with CME, is it possible to register branch phone on HQ CUCM Cluster and set

all the dial-plan, partition and css on the CUCM Cluster for the remote branch ? mean have a centralized call process on the CUCM and just use the branch CME with SRST as fallback ?

Hi

Answer :- You can not have SRST and CME configured on same router. Router will not allow it and is not supported by Cisco.

Answer :- Yes you can use it easily. But make sure you follow all the requirements for clustering over WAN in the SRND . Also I believ you can converst your CME license to SRST license but you may want to check it with Cisco sales team or wait for the inputs from other.

Regards
Ronak Patel

Thank you very much, was very helpfully!