cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME to SIP (NON-CISCO) phone integration issue

sasmith
Level 1
Level 1

I have a non-cisco SIP phone connecting to the CME and I can call the phone now but the phone doesn't appear to be registering to CME so the phone cannot make outbound calls. The phone is NOT in the approved list. These are the settings available on the phone and the values I have set:

SIP Username: conf

Authorization name: 9784 (I have also tried conf)

Authorization password: 12345

SIP registration: Direct or Through Proxy (I have Direct)

SIP Proxy: Enabled or Disabled (I have enabled)

SIP Registrar: Enabled or Disabled (I have enabled)

Registrar Hostname: 192.168.24.2

Registrar IP Port: 5060

SIP Advanced Settings:

UDP Signaling Port: 5060

TCP Signaling: Disabled

I have attached a show run from the router. We are running 12.4(15)T8 currently. I also attached some debugs (CCSIP Messages). I also added:

debug ccsip all

debug voip application all

debug voice register event

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

maalvi
Level 1
Level 1

$

Please use e X-Lite application to register with Cisco SIP CME and make a test call to verify if issue is with Cisco CME or 3rd party Phone. Please follow the following document which will help you configure the XLITE. I use the document to register XLite with my SIP CME and I am able to send and recived cal with out any issue.

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/component/content/article/70-unified-communications/774-sip-endpoints-in-cisco-communications-manager-call-manager-express-x-lite.html

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

maalvi
Level 1
Level 1

$

Please use e X-Lite application to register with Cisco SIP CME and make a test call to verify if issue is with Cisco CME or 3rd party Phone. Please follow the following document which will help you configure the XLITE. I use the document to register XLite with my SIP CME and I am able to send and recived cal with out any issue.

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/component/content/article/70-unified-communications/774-sip-endpoints-in-cisco-communications-manager-call-manager-express-x-lite.html

My colleague wrote the article referenced above.  It references setting up a Basic 3rd-Party SIP phone with CME.  You do not have to explicitly use X-Lite; however, whether or not your specific phone will register does hinge on whether or not it supports the configurations noted in Bill's blog.

Just FYI.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

This was perfect. While it wasn't exactly the same it allowed me to match up some of the settings. THANK YOU!!

Good link !! Highly useful !!

Thanks..

Hi,

I can integrate with xlite phone but cannot integrate with other sip phone like FernTel ip phone.

When I configured that phone, I got an error message "UNKNOWN NUMBER"

from the syslog of phone system, It's shown "Primary and secondary registration fail"

Any comment would be highly appreciated.

Andrew

Hello,

Can you confirm whether or not the Polycom CX5000 can be used a CME endpoint under CME 9.x, and if so what features will be available and / or lost?

Thanks!
Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: