Recently one of our customer bought 4321 on remote site in distributed call environment. They have cucm in Head office, now they are asking to convert cme to srst as centralized deployment so all phones should register to cucm. In branch they have analog lines so users use same line for calling in and out if calling from that branch.
Now my question is
* cisco has changed his licnesing specially for srst and cme, does customer has to buy srst licnese with respect to end devices.
* enhanced licneses can be converted from licnesing team to use in cucm?
* what mandotary config requires to be done on cucm and srst router?
Current router is 4321 with CME not CME-Srst cme ver 12.0 and 9.0.5 unity express.
For phones, its enhanced licnese plus ucs140n for AA and voice mail licnese for mailboxes.
If you're a partner, get in touch with your SE and/or pre-sales for assistance with this, they can tell you if there's any charge / promotions / options for this.
thanks for your reply, I have one more query maybe you can advice
SITE A has CUCM and enough licenses to register new phones, SITE B currently has CME and analogue lines. now the plan is to register the phones on SITE B to SITE A i.e on CUCM.
is it possible to run CUCME in SRST Mode or recommended to do so, if this is the case what steps are required to do so, does it require any licensing like SRST-EP or is it ok do to so.
the flow which i understand
"CUCME will be added as MGCP gateway and once the link is down, phones will register back to CUCME with the added ephone/MAC address. is it ok to do so?
so MGCP, CUCME & SRST will co-reside?
if this is the case than what is this
Ok i understand tht both cannot be run together, so now currently its running as cme on SITE B, if i enable srst with the same ccme config and during link failover, the ephone configs in ccme will up and phone get register locally, is this the right approach and the thing which i am trying to achieve will be done via this
On cucm, i will add site b gateway as mgcp, will it be ok? So during link failover only the local ephones whose mac was there will register correct ??!
I would highly recommend to read this -
1. You can use the gateway as MGCP or SIP or H.323. With MGCP you would need to configure the dial plan on the router as well for SRST.
2. You can use classic SRST (don't need to provision either ephone or ephone-dn) or you can use CME-AS-SRST (depending upon the provision mode used you might need to create ephone and ephone-dn. Can be used without creating them as well).
Edit: On CUCM you will add an SRST reference which would be added to the phone device pool. Phones will need to be reset for the config to take effect.