Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Transcoding for CUE

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All

I'm attempting to configure transcoding on a 2811 for the purpose of routing G729 calls from CUCM over a WAN to a CUE module. There was a time when I could do this sort of thing, but 8 months off work may have had more of an effect than I thought it would!

After beating my head against the configuration for some time on some lab kit, I upgraded it to 15.1(3)T1, and it works fine.

Any other version I try (from 12.4(15)T15, to my customer's 12.4(20)T3, 12.4(24)T5 and 15.0(1)M6) doesn't work.

My config is attached, along with debug voip ccapi inout/debug voip dialpeer inout from a failed (12.4) and a succesful (15.1) call.

Calls are from ext1201 on CUCM to ext2000 on CME, set with forward all to CUE on 2222.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well... got this working in the end (with assistance).

Turns out you need to remove codec flexibility (voice-class codec) from the inbound peers. I had to specifically set 'codec g729br8' on the peers as well.

And all was well.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

It nice you;ve figured it out. Thanks for sharing

Dears

im searching for a way to configure this and i like ur post but i need to know what the exact solution you did i couldnt understand from your replay

im brand new on voice

thanks in advanced

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: