cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME User/Extension Has Lost Dial Tone

dhopkins8181
Level 1
Level 1

I have an extension that has lost dial-tone.  This phone has been in service for over two years and has been working properly until now.  Other buttons configured on the same phone work fine and the user can dial out, but not if using his extension.  I have tried the following with no success:

-Checked the speakerphone and cabling

-Tried dialing out using the same extension on another phone (no dial-tone for the same extension on the other phones)

-Resetting the phone to factory defaults

-Removing the phone and configuring a brand new phone

Incoming calls to the extension work fine and everything looks correct on the display.  The environment is Cisco CME 7 and the phone in question is a 7962.

1 Reply 1

aateek singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You have a user/extension which has lost Dial tone i.e of IP phone 7962.It may be because of the following factors :
1.You are not connected to Extension mobility services.
2.the system requires a Client matter code (CMC) or Forced authorization code(FAC) after dialing a number.(SCCP phones only).
3.Change the time-of-day restrictions that prevent you from using some features during certain hours of the day.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7962g_7961g_7961g-ge_7942g_7941g_7941g-ge/8_0/english/user/guide/62enu80/62614241trb.html

Regards

Aateek Singh

Network Engineer

Spooster IT Services

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: