cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME vers 7.1 & CUE vers 8.0

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all. We've recently audited our systems and changed from a single admin account logon to separate user logons with admin privs. When we did so, we created our accounts in CUE and added ourselves to the admin group. This all works fine in CUE, but when we go to login to CME which is a completely different URL to log into. It does not allow login.

In older versions of CME/CUE it was admined via one login since CME/CUE were both administrated in the same GUI. Since it is not like that anymore. How is one to admin both CME/CUE separately with one login?

Thank you    

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is a sad situation. Maybe you can try explaining to the general manager why you need what you need, Then it's their decision if to have have a broken phone system or not.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From my recollection CUE and CME were never administrated from the same GUI, these are separate apps and there is some relationship where for example you can import ephones into CUE and assign voicemail boxes, but nothing has changed from admin perspective between these versions to my knowledge.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

In the older 3.2 version. You could create an extension, assign an ephone and create a user and mailbox from the same GUI.

In the latest version CME 7.1 / CUE 8.0, both GUI's have their own separate GUI. CME is used to setup an extension and assign an ephone. For creating a new user and mailbox, we have to login to the separate CUE GUI. We have 4 sites configured on the latest versions. 13 other sites are still on 3.2. It's these 4 sites I cannot log into CME to config extensions. Since our new engineer removed router priviliges I can no longer access to create manually.

The engineer also can't figure out why we cannot login to CME as admin. I'm trying to be proactive and find a solution instead of waiting for him.

Thank you

Likely using wrong URL, or wrong credentials.

Note, using GUI to configure CME produces poor results, e.g no ephone and ephone-dn templates, and many other limitations.

Hi Paolo,

I agree. Here's the deal....

I've been working here for almost 6 years. I fully administrated all of the user base on all CME/CM systems in conjunction with network engineering. I normally configured all ephones via CME or CLI. Recently the manager of engineering left. His replacement came in and removed all of my access to CLI and removed all admin logins to all systems. Making all systems logins specific to each admin, (myself and him).

Since he's removed the single admin login I have not been able to access CME on the newer systems anymore. Only CUE. And since he removed my access to CLI, I am now unable to admin users manually outside of GUI.

Since I am "the phone guy", and not in engineering. I am now considered a security risk. At least that's how it was explained to me. Whatever.....

Anyway, he apparently doesn't know how to set permissions so I can access CME. So, now I can't do that work either.

That is a sad situation. Maybe you can try explaining to the general manager why you need what you need, Then it's their decision if to have have a broken phone system or not.

Sad indeed my friend. I didn't think there was anyway to fix that. Thanks Paolo

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!