cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME web interface GUI loading problems, Voice mail on CME & IVR on CME

moslem_tg
Level 1
Level 1

CME web GUI loading problemHello everyone!

I am having sort of problems with loading CME web GUI on a 2811 router.

I have done everything according to the available instruction on the cisco website or other sites as well, but nothing works out for me.

Problem which I am facing is that when I enter the ip/ccme.html it asks for admin credentials so when I am passed through it the CME page is loading up but not completely. as you can see the attached photo links, taps, menus and other things are not working and fully loaded. I tried to enable compatibility mode of IE for the router IP address but it just helps a bit. Still no links and menu are working.

The IOS version is 15.1(4)M1 and so according to the matrix table provided by cisco I think I have to install the "cme-gui-8.6.0.tar" in the directory of /GUI if I am not mistaking.

I didn't use TFTP to copy the files into the GUI directory but instead I used a compact flash reader as I am closed to the router.

these are the files inside the .tar file:

Admin-user.html
Admin_user.js
CiscoLogo.gif
delete.gif
dom.js
downarrow.gif
ephone_admin.html
logohome.gif
normal_user.html
normal_user.js
Plus.gif
sxiconad.gif
Tab.gif
Telephony_service.html
uparrow.gif
xml.template
xml-test.html

I would appreciate any kind help/support on this problem beside giving an advice on below too:

I also have these questions too:

a) How can I enable the voicemail in the CME which is installed on this router? (you know I am new to cisco telephony solution)

b) How can I set an IVR in the CME which is installed on this router? (you know I am new to cisco telephony solution)

Cheers!

MT

17 Replies 17

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you try other browsers like chrome or firefox etc.?

Kevin, thanks for your suggestion,, but I did mention that I even did add the IP address to the IE compatible mode but nothing works out.

Deepak Mehta, I tried whatever you think. Chrome, Firefox, Opera, IE,,.....

I am worried maybe the CME version or files have got problem. The folder name is (GUI) all in capital letters so could you confirm if this is correct? or it shall be in small letter? like (gui)

I am also worried maybe it is due to file permission too.!!!!

Any words on :

a) How can I enable the voicemail in the CME which is installed on this router? (you know I am new to cisco telephony solution)

b) How can I set an IVR in the CME which is installed on this router? (you know I am new to cisco telephony solution)

Thanks

MT

Hi Guys, is there any other comment on how to get this damn problem with CME GUI solved? Appreciate it MT

I've got this problem solved. :)

Compatibility view was only a small none important issue.

but the main problem is that the GUI original files "cme-gui-8.6.0.tar" was included some JS and some GIF file format with totally capital letters which it was preventing the gui from calling and decoding them correctly. just changed it to small letters and now everything works fine.

I am wonder actually how such thing is possible!!!

Anyway...

cheers!

MT

IM using version 8.5 of CME with a similar issue. Page partially loaded but no links active. For any file under /GUI which had a capital letter in it, I created a copy of that file in /GUI but all lower case. Browser fully loads now with all links operational.

Thank you!  I would have never guessed this one...

Kevin Monteiro
Level 7
Level 7

Hi MT,

Use IE (Internet Explorer) in compatible mode. It should work.

Rate the post accordingly.

-Kevin Monteiro

Kevin Monteiro
Level 7
Level 7

Hi MT,

Attach the "show tech" of CME.Secondo you can configure Unity express via CLI or web using IP of the CUE on the web browser.

Here is a link for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unity-express/62609-tdcmecue.html

-Kevin Monteiro

Hi Kevin,

Thank for the link. That was useful. Just could you please tell me what HW or modules or requirements should I have for purpose of IVR and voicemail?

I've seen something about CUE Cisco Unity Expr. so is that a must? or not we can setup the available and integrated CME voice mail and auto attendant?

Thanks

MT

+5 to Samiulla for his inputs.

Check the below link for HW requirements for 2811 and min IOS requirements .

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel8_6/rel_notes/rel_notes86.html#pgfId-296920

were you able to get the GUI working?

Well, not yet! :(

quietly get beyond what I expect....

any other solution? I mean except things available in this forum and cisco website,... coz I check everywhere and every thing...

MT

Sami Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Looking at the screen capture, it looks like IE compatibility issue. As Deepak and Kevin have already pointed that out

For Voicemail, you can use CUE modules available, which are compatible with 28xx series routers.

Only, AIM and NME modules are compatible with 28xx series routers for voicemail.

Under telephony service configure voicemail pilot and consider your integration method with CME before configuring further.

Also, call-forward noan and busy must be configured under ephones to forward calls to CUE.

Refer to this document, skip steps based on your network readiness.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/sites/default/files/attachments/discussion/10steptoconfigurecme.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmegui.html

Hi Samiulla

thanks for the information.

About the GUI I mentioned in my first post that I have enabled the compatibility mode of IE.

to be honest I have tried and checked everything within the links you just sent, and with in whatever I found on the net. but still nothing works out. :( :( :( :(

I have attached couple of more snapshots for your review and to see if these aren't strange:

1. please check the snapshot 'without compatibility mode.png' this is how it'll load without enabling the compatibility mode of ie.

2. please see the snapshot 'debugger-compaitibility.png' to see the warning in debugger mode and more compatibility testing features. as recommended by Microsoft on how to enable compatibility. there are sort of warnings like unable to decode 'image http://IP/logohome.gif' and 'image http://IP/sxiconad.gif' . these files are available in the GUI directory but neither IE automatically nor me manually can open it up in the internet explorer by even entering images url: http://IP/logohome.gif ; but nothing is showing up. just an unload image icon.

3. please check the snapshot 'Flash files.png' which is taken from the CCP and seems like there are 2 folders named 'ITS' & 'its' ?!!!!! is  this really strange?!!!! have you seen such thing before!!! I have also attached a snapshot of each directory to check more. those shots are "ITS-.png"&"its.png"

4. I also attached the GUI directory files snapshot please check the shot "GUI files.png"

Currently this problem becomes a headache for me and I'd appreciate your focus on this damn issue.

Thanks a lot!

MT

Hi,

I remember having similar problem accessing unity connection on IE10. However, I do not remember how it was fixed. It was something to do with Document mode (press F10>Document Mode) Try changing it to Default.

Also, post Sh tech from the router.

Regards,

Sami

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: