cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Won't take simple translation pattern

nanosynth
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SIP provider and they want the phone number to be presented as 12016543343  I have to dial a 9 to get out of CME. I do not want to dial an extra "1" and then the 10 digit phone number. A simple translation rule to strip the 9 and add a 1 to a 10 digit dialed number would be

Rule 1 /^9\(..........\)//1\1/

I have tried this on a website translation tester and it worked but CME 4.1 just won't take it. It gives error:

Incorrect format for Translation Match Pattern

regular expression must be of the form  ^(\^)?(\+)?([0-9,A-F.*%?#]+)$

What could be wrong?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I believe the syntax of the translation rule is not what it should be.

If you are going to use the old command "translate-outgoing called", then you also need to use the translation-rule command...However if you are going to use voice translation-profile with the voice translation rule. then you need to apply it to the dial-peer using "translation-profile outgoing" command

So please change your config to this..

dial-peer voice 1 voip

translation-profile outgoing outgoing

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

yes the syntax was not correct

i came back with the edit and made the correction

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Hi

Its more simple to proceed with the below

rule 1 /^9/ //

Now in the pots dial peer for PSTN just add the command

prefix 1

Regards

cc

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Looks simple enough, but I have VOIP dial peer , thus no prefix command. So how do you apply it now?

Make sure you have a space in between the match and replace part. From your post it doesn't look like you have that.

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 /^9\(..........\)$/ /1\1/

Also add a $ to the end of your match string, so that you only will match on the exact pattern that you want it to do. A good rule of thumb is to always make your match as specific as possible to avoid it to match unwanted patterns.

Please rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Hi

Sorry i forgot that it was a sip trunk

here we are

voice translation-rule 1000

rule 1 /^9/  /1\1/

Note:

The translation that roger provided was also correct and more specific than my.But if you go ahead with roger translation then just remove one (.)

You need nine . not ten !

Regards

chrysostomos

I tried this. The phone just resets after you dial a number. Am I configed wrong?

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^9\(..........\)$/ /1\1/                                         (10 dots for phone number)

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 9..........                                       (10 dots for phone number)

translate-outgoing called 1

voice-class codec 1

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:216.115.69.144

dtmf-relay rtp-nte dial-peer voice 1 voip

Nice catch chrysostomos! (+5)

I didn't count the dots.

Edit: Took a look at the original post and he states that he need to send a 1 + 10 dialed digits. So in that case there should be 10 dots in the translation rule.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Roger

You are Absolutely correct

The (+5) is yours

Thank you for the correction

Hi

You need

voice translation-profile dnis

translate called 1

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 1..........                                      (10 dots for phone number) or .T

translation-profile outgoing dnis

voice-class codec 1

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:216.115.69.144

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

I believe the syntax of the translation rule is not what it should be.

If you are going to use the old command "translate-outgoing called", then you also need to use the translation-rule command...However if you are going to use voice translation-profile with the voice translation rule. then you need to apply it to the dial-peer using "translation-profile outgoing" command

So please change your config to this..

dial-peer voice 1 voip

translation-profile outgoing outgoing

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

yes the syntax was not correct

i came back with the edit and made the correction

I really, REALLY appreciate you guys help. I corrected the syntax to translation-profile outgoing outgoing and now it works. Beautifull. I am in regular CCNA class now and just dived into CME by myself and am learning it. I personally think translations and it's syntax is harder than supernetting..hahah

Chrys (+5) Point for your great help on this thread and the great job you are doing on the forum...Well done..Lets continue to make this the best forum ever!

Hi Aokanlawon

Also (+5) for you mate

you deserve it 100%

Regards

chrysostomos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: