Views
Helpful
Replies

CME9.1 - Transfer to monitor line on 8941 fails

d.haeni
Level 4
Level 4

I have configured "transfer-system full-consult dss"
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmetrans.html#wp1102676

When a call arrives on one of my customer's 7962 phones, this works as expected: I can transfer a call to an idle monitored line by pressing the "transfer" softkey, followed by the Button of the Monitored line (either as consult or blind transfer)

If a call arrives on a 8941 (running sccp.9-3-2-11), I cannot transfer a call to a monitored line: I press the "transfer" hardkey (caller gets put on hold), and after pressing the button of the monitored line a second call is placed as expected. I can however not transfer the call (e.g. pressing the "transfer" hardkey does not do anything)

If the DN of the Monitored line is manually entered, the transfer works (either by the "transfer" hardkey, or the "transfer" softkey). Both 7962 and 8941 are configured identically in CME.

Not sure what kind of limitation I run into. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
/David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Instead of button m: , try configuring lines as "blf-speed-dial".

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

d.haeni
Level 4
Level 4

Turns out this is a known defect:

CSCue18714    DSS transfer does not work with 8941

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Instead of button m: , try configuring lines as "blf-speed-dial".

Thanks Paolo,

It was by chance that I found out "blf-speed-dial" actually works around the issue with the monitoring line.

Glad to know, thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: