Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS Recording Not working

New Installing For single node ...CMS v3.2.1 

I have configured to provide recording, but when the user joins space and press the record button >>nothing happens

I have configured port 6000 tcp for recorder

I will provide the errors in the logsWhatsApp Image 2021-06-22 at 7.44.20 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-06-22 at 7.43.41 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-06-22 at 7.43.40 PM.jpeg

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do a syslog follow on both servers while trying to record a call for more clues.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jamie,

that what i got only for each time press on record

on core CMS "disconnected with reason 7 (transaction timeout - no provisional responses sending INVITE)"

Check your whole recorder configuration, the URI for recording, the outbound rule matching the domain for recording and the encryption set as per your configuration, the callProfile, etc.

Disable recording, enable recording and do a syslog follow right after to confirm there are no errors accessing the NFS.

Also make sure nothing is blocking communication between the servers.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have the exact same error, have you found the problem that could help me?

Many thanks

hello  Maurizio,

you just need to make sure that the outbound rule for recording is one with the highest priority in your outbound rules.

unfortunately I did, but no luck from this side.. always the same error. thanks for your rapid answer

My advice:

Open a new thread, this is an old post.

In the new thread, you would need to post more info. Nobody has access to your setup or can read your mind.

Take screenshots of your config (outbound rules, calllegprofile, recorder config, ...), post output of syslog messages, ...

The more info you give, the better people can help you.

just for a rapid check, did. you use a single server deployment, or a different call bridge and recorder?

As already written, open a new thread and attach as much info as you have to it.

It doesn't make sense talking about your problem via an old post from someone else.

To your question: Except of one very little setting (you need different SIP ports for the recorder if it is on the same machine), there isn't really a difference.

A separate server for recording is the recommended also, u now need to check again the configuration guide for NFS and recorder, may the problem with the NFS

I just ask, because I tried with a new VM configured for recording, exactly as the first cms,with same NFS settings, and in this way the recorder works.

So I just ask you if your deployment when you submit the problem was a single o distributed deployment.

Thanks again

As already written (again):

If you use the Recorder on the same machine, where the Callbridge is configured, you need to use different SIP ports.

As you probably know, you cannot use multiple service on a single port (but this is a general rule, not only specific to CMS).

So Callbridge 5060/5061 and Recorder e.g. 5560/5561 (choose whatever you like). In the outbound rule you point to this special port(s), but that should be self-describing.

But this was the only difference. Every other config part is exactly the same.

And as already written (again):

If you have problems, then don't reply to old threads. Open a new one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: