Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collaboration between CME with CUCM in BE6k

Hi All,

I have some problems with configuration when i want to add BE6k with CUCM. Currently i have one Cisco 2821 as my CME with many users registered on it. and now my companies buy a new one BE6k and my Boss said want to combine the existing with the new one. Is it possible ? or i have to migration all users into BE ?

thanks in advance

17 Replies 17

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You will need to migrate the users to BE6K and register them with CUCM. You can keep the CME router for SRST purpose in case of WAN failure between BE6K and the site hosting the CME router.

HTH

Manish

Hi manish, if i migrate all users to BE, how about the configuration on CME ? as example COR and service engine ?

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

You can have CUCM running along side of a CME system with a SIP/H.323 trunk for dialing between them.  It's not super ideal though since you have to manage users from 2 different places now.  Usually easier to just migrate all the users for the single point of management.

Hi Brian, Can you tell me how to configure TFTP for each users if we running with CUCM and CME together, so i'm running this configuration on same infrastucture also same switch and same router gateway. Tks

I would put the phones in separate VLANs so you can have 2 different DHCP pools with different Option 150s.  Other option would be setting them manually on each phone.

Hi All,

Thank you for the answers, i have configure H.323 gateway and CME with this commands :

dial-peer voice 4000 voip
 description ** Call to BE6k **
 destination-pattern 4..
 voice-class codec 1
 voice-class sip rsvp-fail-policy voice post-alert optional keep-alive interval 5
 session target ipv4:10.10.10.99
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 no vad

But I cant making call to users on BE6k, and i just wonder if I have CUCM and CME running, how the phone connect to TFTP server ? which is have two IPs.

Thank you

Please attach the CME' show run, have you added the CME in CUCM as H323 gateway ?

If CUCM and CME running separately then you can define the TFTP IP address in DHCP pool  (option 150) respectively or you can give the manual TFTP IP address in IP Phones as per user location.

Suresh

Hi Suresh,

Here is my CME commands :

ip dhcp pool ITS
   network 10.10.20.0 255.255.255.0
   option 150 ip 10.10.20.1
   default-router 10.10.20.1
!
!
no ip domain lookup
ip domain name primatech.co.id
ip dhcp-server 10.10.20.1
no ipv6 cef
multilink bundle-name authenticated

voice service voip
 allow-connections h323 to h323
 allow-connections h323 to sip
 allow-connections sip to h323
 allow-connections sip to sip
 supplementary-service h450.12
 h323
 sip
  registrar server expires max 3600 min 3600
!
!
voice class codec 1
 codec preference 1 g711ulaw
!
!
!
!
voice class h323 1
  h225 timeout tcp establish 3
  h225 timeout setup 3
!

dial-peer voice 4000 voip
 description ** Call to BE6k via UC520**
 destination-pattern 40.
 voice-class codec 1
 voice-class sip rsvp-fail-policy voice post-alert optional keep-alive interval 5
 session target ipv4:10.10.10.99
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 no vad
!
dial-peer voice 2005 voip
 description ** Call to FXS UC520**
 destination-pattern 30.
 b2bua
 voice-class codec 1
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:10.10.20.10
 dtmf-relay sip-notify
 no vad
!
!
sip-ua
 sip-server ipv4:10.10.10.99
!
!
telephony-service
 em logout 0:0 0:0 0:0
 max-ephones 52
 max-dn 150
 ip source-address 10.10.20.1 port 2000
 auto assign 101 to 105
 calling-number initiator
 timeouts interdigit 3
 timeouts ringing 120
 system message Primatech CME
 url directories http://10.10.20.1/localdirectory
 url services http://10.10.10.11/CiscoIPServices/
 url authentication http://10.10.25.2/voiceview/authentication/authenticate.do
 load 7914 S00105000300
 load 7906 SCCP11.8-3-3S
 load 7920 cmterm_7920.4.0-03-02
 load 7960-7940 P00308000500
 time-zone 41
 time-format 24
 date-format dd-mm-yy
 voicemail 777
 max-conferences 8 gain -6
 call-forward pattern .T
 call-forward system redirecting-expanded
 moh music-on-hold.au
 web admin system name CmeAdmin secret 5 $1$mDwV$z7CUAV5zt3qizVY7KsYac1
 dn-webedit
 time-webedit
 transfer-system full-consult dss
 transfer-pattern 9.T
 transfer-pattern .T

Yes I'm already added CME in CUCM as H323 gateway. Is it can configure for double TFTP ip address ??

I'm so sory. i'm completly newbie.

Dear,

Please attach the "debug voip ccapi inout" for a failed test call, forgot to asked you.  Are you able to dial from BE6K' IP Phone to CME' IP Phone ?

Suresh

Hi Suresh,

There is no debug was showed, only :

PTechCME#debug voip ccapi inout
voip ccapi inout debugging is on

Even I'm already making call with my phones the debug never occurred. Nope i can't dial both.

Just wondering about TFTP, how can I add new TFTP server on CME ? because currently i use CIPC for BE6k Users, so I can set manually TFTP server on it.

Give below command after that it will show on terminal.

PTechCME# term mon

TFTP; I think IP Phone is already registered to CME so TFTP address is already taken by IP Phone. Or do you want to have alternative TFTP for IP Phones which will register to CME ?

Suresh

Already attach the debug file. please kindly find it.
TFTP; no, as i mentioned first time, that i want to add extensions with CUCM. my companies already have CME existing running. So basically my boss want to combine CME and BE6k running together. so i need TFTP parameters, so the new phones that i register to CUCM can load the configuration.

Ohhh ok, then you have two options..1 is to enable DHCP in CUCM with option 150 or 2nd is to define dhcp scope at router or somewhere else in Network with option 150 (see below e.g.).

ip dhcp pool VOICE

network xx.xx.xx.xx 255.255.xxx.xxx

default-router xx.xx.xx.xx

option 150 ip <tftp IP address>

As per the logs it seems to be network issue, are you able to ping CUCM IP from CME router ? And have configured the route pattern in CUCM which points to CME for incoming calls on cme ?

Suresh

Wow I'm sorry, forgot to add this commands :

h323-gateway voip interface
h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 10.10.10.1

After i added that commands CME able to call to CUCM now, tks, But i'm still confuse about the TFTP. because right now i have commands like this in CME :

ip dhcp pool ITS
   network 10.10.20.0 255.255.255.0
   option 150 ip 10.10.20.1
   default-router 10.10.20.1

That is my TFTP configuration for CME users IP Phones. So i want to add another TFTP for CUCM users with IP 10.10.10.99

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: