Views
Helpful
Replies

Collaboration DX650 - WebEX & Jabber

dneggers1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

We have some trial DX650 units, and are trying to connect to our On premise WebEX & Also On premise Jabber IM servers.

Both services fail to connect, we have tried multiple server settings, certificate options etc etc.

The WebEx application says "Cannot connect to your WebEX service, Error code 8"

There are no Firewalls etc in place..

I have tried the unit on our regular Data vlan aswel, with no Joy..

Is there any info out there about supporting On Prem solutions etc?

Cheers

Dion

8 Replies 8

dscott2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dion,

Regarding Jabber, on the top right of the application, there is a drop down menu that allows you to select "Manual CUP login." Have you selected that?

Regards,

David

Hi David, thanks we tried that, we ended up sorting out the jabber im , we had to set the server settings in the device configuration & presence server type .. In regards to the webex, it looks like on premise webex does not support android devices yet , so that is a bit frustrating, as we have half our mobile fleet on android..

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Dion,

Can you click "check for updates" on the WebEx app on the DX650 and retry your test? What version of on-premise WebEx are you running?

Regards,

David

We are running 1.5 with the latest maintenance released & also installed the latest client from play store .

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone

danjorda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Android is not supported on CWMS until 2.0 which will be released this week.  That being said we are not announcing support for the DX650 with this release.  It may work, but it has not yet been tested.  I will check with Walt to see if we have plans to add support.

I upgraded our webserver from 1.5 version  to 2.0 MR 1 this week-end and after updating the WebEx app on my DX650 to latest release, it now connects to our WebEx server... Note: Just make sure to enable support for Android on the WebEx server .. it is not enable by default...

Hi - which verision if webex meeting app do you have on your dx650 ? I guess there is also the need of trust certs from webexmeeting server on cucm ?

kr

Hi,

Do you meen using CWMS 2.0, adding android support and upgrading Webex App, you can now use audio and video on your DX650?

In that case, I guess web conference is on DX650 screen and not on computer too.

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: