cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

commands under voice-port and dial-peer

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

I have seen many same commands under voice-port and dial-peer. What are the consequences if we use those commands under voice-port and dial-peer?

6 Replies 6

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Omerpall.

In the case of phone call direction (PSTN->VoIP), commands on the voice-port are the first to be executed when the call comes from the wire (E1 or T1). After that incoming dial-peer's commands will take place.

Accordingly, if we are having outgoing call (VoIP->PSTN), after the outbound dial-peer, cammands under voice-port will take effect (before it goes to serial interface).

So both sets of commands are executed, in the order above, and it is up tou you to see where you want to put your commands in order to make your config efficient and simple. For example if you have more than one outgoing dial-peers for outgoing calls, but still want that every calling number is represented with 555XXXX, you might want to add this command to voice-port, beacuse it will be executed last on this interface (no matter which dial-peer your outgoing call chose).

Best regards

Goran

thanks. what si the difference between COR and COR list ? Can we apply that voice acl on either dial-peer or port-voice.

Can we take decision that from which fxo port which extension range should leave based on that Class of Restriction commands.

Omarpal,

COR stands for Class of Restriction and is a mechanism to classify the calling capabilities phones can possess across a gateway.
CORLIST is a configuration item which can be seen as a set of members (Calling Features).

COR list is applied to both a source and target IPT elements (Dial-peers, Voice ports etc.)

The fundamental how it works is:

A call is success if:

CORLIST (Target) is a subset of CORLIST (Source)

Now, regarding the application of CORLIST, we can apply it on ephones, Voice-Ports and Dial-peers.

And to the last question, NO would be my answer, we cannot use COR on VOICE PORT to decide which phone number we can route across it and which we cannot. Instead, we can use COR on dial-peers to accomplish the same. Two points:

- Make separate dial-peers for forbidden numbers and apply a COR LIST 'y' on this dial-peer

- On the "inbound dial-peer" OR "ephones" OR "voice-port (If calling party is Analog)", apply a COR LIST 'x' in such a manner that 'y' > 'x', the call  will not complete for forbidden nos.

hope This Helps

Vishal

Site 1 = 3 fxo prts

Site 2 = connected with site 1 via voip dialpeer ( in order to dial outside )

Site 3 = connected with site 1 via voip dialpeer ( in order to dial outside )

But all calls are being routed to one fxo port. Rest 2 fxo ports are idle. how can i use all 3 fxo ports and i can allocate every site with a specific fxo port ( for incoming and outgoing both)

Vishal Gogia
Level 1
Level 1

This is pretty easy.

Lets say site 1 has 3 FXO ports, 1/0, 1/1 and 2/0

Port for calls from Site 2: 1/0

Port for calls from Site 2: 2/0

dial-peer COR custom

member site2

member site3

dial-peer COR list S2

member site2

dial-peer COR list S3

member site3

On Router at site 1

dial-peer voice 2 voip

Description ** from site 2**

answer-address

Corlist incoming S2

dial-peer voice 3 voip

Description ** from site 3**

answer-address

Corlist incoming S3

## Configure outbound pots dial-peers now. I am moving on to the Voice-port configuration

voice-port 1/0

Corlist outgoing s2

voice-port 2/0

Corlist outgoing s3

This configuration should work in your favor mate.

Thanks and Regards

Vishal Gogia

thnak u v much. I will try it and come back. Can you tell me what does "TRUNK-Group" do? In my scenario is it beneficial for me ?

I couldnt see the inbound dial-peer in your config. Do i need to put following command.

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

Or this is for E1/T1 PRI