Views
Helpful
Replies

Common Partition is full on CUCM

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The common partition on the disk is 100% full.  I see that when I do a "show status" under the CLI.

What is the exact path in RTMT I need to go within the app to delete all files needed to free up all space?

I seen many articles explaining to delete the trace files through RTMT, but nothing with where to go to do this.  There is so many options under "Trace & Log Central" that I don't know what needs to be removed exactly.

Please help?

Thank you!

-rya

5 Replies 5

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I usually go to Trace & Log Central > Remote Browse, select a few items such as CallManager and CTIManager and then from ther eyou can delete files.

Thanks Joe.  Well that didn't really work and seems like a lot of work especially when diskusage for the common parition reached 100%.

What is the fastest way to delete all log files on a CUCM server?  It's hard to believe there isn't a quick way to purge all log files in a partition.

Thank you!

-rya

This will probably help you:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1119096#1119096

the first answer there explains how to delete the files via CLI.

after deleting the file follow this thread to prevent overfilling the log:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1120479#1120479

hope that helps

Did the disk usage not change at all from deleting some logs through the remote browse feature in RTMT?  There's no one button to delete all logs or one command for the entire system.  The other thing you can do is change the number of trace files under the trace configuration page.  This has to be done for each service though (SDI and SDL too for some services).  When you change the number of files a warning pops up saying that all traces will be deleted when you change the number of files.

When I started to delete many of the files through RTMT nothing happened.  However, once I rebooted the Publisher the common partition went down to zero.  So obviously I did something wrong somewhere.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

-rya

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: