Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Common Phone Profile Configuration - Background Image

Hello all,

I'm implemeting a CUCM 8.6.2 and under the Common Phone Profile Configuration there is a option (the last one) that is Background Image.

According to the help file we have:

This parameter specifies the default wallpaper file. Only the administrator disables end user access to phone wallpaper list, could this parameter take effect.

Maximum length: 64

But they give no clue on how i should pont to the file, already tried the file name with the extension and withtout but no joy on that.

I was wondering if anyone has a clue on that.

My object here is to make a custom background image as default.

19 Replies 19

Hey anyone can give a hand here?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi

What exact version are you on? I have an 8.6.2.20000-2 system, but not that option...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I know this is an old post but for those who came from google maybe it helps...

I found that almost every product specific / common phone profile problems are related to the priority that cucm implements to these value and the override common configuration option.

You can configure them on :( listed by priority order)

1) Device Configuration window settings,

2) Common Phone Profile window settings,

3) Enterprise Phone Configuration window settings

So CUCM with first used what is set on device configuration...

You also have to check the 'Override Common Settings"  If you do not check this box, the corresponding parameter setting does not take effect...

The weird thing is that not everything has this "Override Common Settings"  and what is more weird is that for example on 6921/6941 for CDP and LLDP parameters you have the 'Override Common Settings"  on the Common Phone Profile but not on the Phone Page configuration....but 9971 has on both... the same is for Screen ON/OFF config... 

So 6921/6941 will always apply what is configure on Phone Page configuration is no 'Override Common Settings" option is available

In my case to deactivate CDP on all 6921/6941 I configured them on the Bulk Phone Template.. But for 9971 just leave 'Override Common Settings” unchecked a the phone use the common phone profile or the enterprise phone configuration instead...

Please Rate helpful Comments

Lisandro

Hi Cisco Community,

I am having the same issue, but I wish to get cleared a few questions.

1. I only have one "Common Phone Profile" for all of our phones. I have a mix of 7942, 7962, and 8945. Do I need to create a "Common Phone Profile" for each model?

2. The images are already uploaded to "Desktops/640x480x24" and the List.xml has the updated entries. I still cannot get the "Wallpaper" option on my 8945s. Anything else I am missing here?

I believe that each model needs to have their own Common Phone Profile in order to have this feature enabled.

All comments are extremely helpful!

Thanks,

Gustavo

No, assuming ALL of the phones will have a file with the same name configured for each model, in the right directory.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Endpoints_FAQ#How_can_I_bulk_change_the_background_image_for_all_my_endpoints.3F.3F

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you Jaime! Will try that and report back on this thread.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

8.6.2.21016-1 here and no option to specify a wallpaper either.

Running System version: 8.6.2.20000-2

The option is under

Device > Device Settings > Common Phone Profile Configuration > Standard Common Phone Profile is the last option.

Yeah... it's not there for me... or in the help!

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Weird, it does show in my lab server. Running 8.6.2.20000-2 on UCS C210.

Might be enabled/disabled with another setting somewhere else (service parameter/enterprise parameter)??

After the PSTN mode I have two more settings:

and the help really doesn't help at all because it doesn't explain how to format that field.

This parameter specifies the default wallpaper file. Only the  administrator disables end user access to phone wallpaper list, could  this parameter take effect.

Also can't figure out what the other one would do LOL

When enabled, phone will revert to All Calls after any call is ended  if the call is on a filter other than Primary line or All Calls.

Maybe like the idle url you host the image in another server and point to it?? assuming you're using the right size and using the profile for the same phone model??

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Weird - but then 8.6 does like to randomly lose things... like services, product specific xml definitions etc etc. Maybe it decided I don't need those options.

I imagine you would specify the name of the preferred image file as listed in the list.xml containing images on the TFTP server, and the phones would grab that image?

Aaron

Aaron,

Already tried that…

What I’m starting to think is that could be an option to some SIP Phones, I don’t think Cisco IP Phones support that.

Honestly have no idea of how or where you would need to have the images to use this.

I had no idea of such setting until I read the thread and looked at my server.

Was thinking that maybe it's related to the phone models you have on your server. But then again, can't find any documentation on this to determine what to type in there and if this is supported on all phone models or not.

If you're entitled to open a case with us, we can engage the BU to get some insight about that setting.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Java,

Case opened