Views
Helpful
Replies

Common Phone Profile not modifying anything

Jasun Fletcher
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings everyone!

I'm attempting to create a standard policy on hardening public/lobby phones.  One of the items I'm using to accomplish this is Common Phone Profile to modify Product Specific Information and other various settings.  The challenge is NOTHING gets changed after the phone is created. 

I understand for product specific info I need to check "override" which I have done.  As I understand it the order is 1.) Device config 2.) Common profile 3.) enterprise phone config.  I went as far as deleting the phone from CUCM and created it from scratch to apply the common phone profile on initial save.  

Again nothing is changing.  I've set the Phone Personalization and  Services Provisioning to specific settings yet they remain "Default" on the phone with the applied common profile.  

I've searched high and low for answers and really don't see much matching my challenge.  We run CUCM version 11.5.1-149000-1 

Any suggestions are appreciated.  

2 Replies 2

Jasun Fletcher
Level 1
Level 1
To add: Seems some stuff does in fact apply. For instances when I press the gear button I don't see admin settings or phone information like I would expect from the common phone profile settings disabling them. However the device configuration shows those things as enabled still.

However under common phone profile I have PC Port disabled. I plugged into the phone thinking maybe it was disabled but not showing it as disabled but it is still enabled despite the common profile.

1) Try to edit the PC Port disablement on the Device Page itself if it works then try below
2) Try Restarting TFTP service and reset the Phone.
3) Can you paste screenshots of your configuration.
4) What other parameters are not changing.

Thanks,
Haris