Views
Helpful
Replies

Common SRST Voice Gateway for Phones belonging to two CCM Clusters

Rajesh Kalra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a phone a which registers to ccm cluster A. I have another phone which registers to ccm cluster B(which is for a call centre agent and also part of cisco UCCE/IPCCE). There is a requirement for phone A and Phone A to use a common voice/SRST gateway. Phones A,B are on on remote location to CCM A site and CCM B site. But phone A,B,Voice/SRSt gateway are in the same location.

Will the phones A and B be able to use a common Voice Gateway in SRST mode register back to the respective clusters without any issues?I plan to use H323 between voice gateways and Call Manager.

In SRST mode the SRST gateway builds own database of IP Phones. Since the phones belong to two different CCM clusters, will there be any issue of both working with the same voice gateway in SRST mode?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think with SRST in CME mode, should be doable.

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

A router running traditional SRST (not CME as SRST), the phone will register with its current like configuration, therefore no real static configuration on the SRST router. To avoid pain and configuration on the SRST router I try to use shared lines opposed to hunt groups. So you could most likely use one router for two different CM clusters just ensure you have the correctly licensing and the appropriate SRST references in the device pools.

Depending on where your contact center server is agent phones that are in SRST mode most likely cannot take calls if that is your objective.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: