Views
Helpful
Replies

Communication Manager Express (CME)

valides007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Communication Manager Express application on Cisco 2951. The PSTN connection is handled through a T1 line to a WIC card VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 installed on the 2951 router. We have 2 routers active (router 1) and standby (router 2).

The incoming and outgoing calls through PSTN are getting interrupted momentarily. We first thought that it's the T1 line itself, but we put router 1 as the active unit the problem didn't occur again; So now we know that the problem is in router 1.

We replaced the WIC card but this didn't fix the problem. 

Any idea of what might be causing this interruption on the CME router.

Regards,
Wally

3 Replies 3

michael o'nan
Level 4
Level 4

Have you pulled the logs yet? You should also have voice iec syslog enabled as well.

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Wally,

What kind of interruption is experienced. Please provide some exact details of what the users experience, how long does it last and how is it fixed. Any debugs that you could have captured corresponding to the time frame of the issue would help in diagnosing the problem if the issue is not reproducible on demand.

HTH

Manish

Manish,

I don't have the debugs now, but I will post them as soon as I get on site. 

The interruption is only occurring with the outgoing calls to the PSTN. All the internal calls between IP phones on the same network are working fine. When the problems occurs, calling an outside line brings a busy tone and also making a call to the IP-PBX network from a PSTN network brings a busy tone.

I'm able to fix it momentarily by rebooting the router. It works fine for hours or a day and then drops again. And when it drops,

"sh controller t1" shows that t1 controller is down

"sh ISDN status" shows that layer 1 is deactivated