cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Compare DSP's in 2821 vs WS-X4604-GWY

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning on replacing the voice funtionality of a WS-X4604-GWY with a 2821 with 2x PVDM2-32's. I am not sure how to compare the DSP resource to ensure the 2821 would be sufficient, as no DSPs are listed in the 4604 module with "sh inv". A "sh voice dsp" is attached.

How do I compare the 2?

Given they are different DSP type (5504 vs C5510 I believe) can they be allocated in the same way? For example, the WS-X4604-GWY has dsp config :

dspfarm dspfarm transcoder maximum sessions 12
dspfarm confbridge maximum sessions 6
dspfarm

If the answer is one has "64 DSP channels" and the other has "96 DSP channels" (not sure this is the roght comparison to make) - can they be pooled/carved up/shared in the same way?

As far as the cards supported, there is a E1 interface and a 2-port FXS and I want to add a 4-port FXS (along with current config requirement above). I will run this through the DSP calculator, but this still doesnt help me compare with the current DSP resource.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am keen to understand the difference.

1 Reply 1

jackylee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

WS-X4604-GWY has 96 DSP channels as built in. PVDM2 is second generation of DSP that run on 1st or ISR router,

it can be adject the size of DSP based on the need.

These two type of DSP can not be coexisted on the same device. for example you can not install 5504 DSP into 2821 router. (however you can install 1 st  and 2rd generation of DSP into same ISR device but they remain in separate DSP pool).

Based from your description you can just install one PVDM2-64 on your 2821 router to be able to configured one E1 and 4 FXS port to be installed on your 2821, with  Transcoding High complexity session of 12 and  Conference 8 party of session of 6.

For your information please check with DSP calculator from the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/web/applicat/dsprecal/dsp_calc.html

Information regards to WS-X4606-GWY

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/7_1_2/ccmsys/a05dsp.html#wp1041116

Jacky