Views
Helpful
Replies

Compatibility of MCS7835I3-K9-CMC2 V02 with CUCM 8.6.2

spvaidya
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I wish to know, if MCS7835I3-K9-CMC2 V02 is compatible with CUCM 8.6.2. At present this MCS server hosts 7.1.5 cucm subscriber. The following url was referred to check the compatibility of MCS with CUCM.

Has anyone tried installing CUCM 8.6 on MCS7835I3-K9-CMC2 V02 ? Also attaching the show hardware output from existing CUCM (7.1.5) sub server.

CUCM_Server_Show-Hardware.JPG

URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

CUCM_Server_compatible_chk.JPG

Thanks,

Shashank

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shashank,

If you see X against the server model in that table then no need to double check. As mentioned in the same document " "X" means the server is supported for production use. "

GP.

Pls rate the post if it helps !!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shashank,

If you see X against the server model in that table then no need to double check. As mentioned in the same document " "X" means the server is supported for production use. "

GP.

Pls rate the post if it helps !!

Hi Gajanan,

Thanks for your reply, Hope this will work during our scheduled down time.

Why I am skeptical ( and wish to double check) is the exact part number (MCS7835I3-K9-CMC2 V02) is not mentioned in this document.

Also, "show hardware" shows raw size of 136 GB and this document talks about minimum of 146 GB for 8.6 (1)+.

Since it is the only server I have at this location, I can not test it but check here with others.

What do you say ?

Rgds

Shashank

spvaidya
Level 1
Level 1

We could install CM 8.6.2 on this node without any challange.