cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conf Phone Device Information won't show up in web

House Cat
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, calling out for MVPs to resolve this issue I get with C7937 conference phones. No problem with casual 7945 and 7965s, but Device Information gives me a blank. Has anyone been though this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

For some reason that capture is showing a menu XML object. THese are objects that the phones get from web servers, which tell the phone what to display. You'll notice the set of <menuitem> lines is the list of options you see in the 'settings' menu.

It looks like there is a bug in the firmware to me - I would download and install the latest version of firmware from cisco.com on your cluster and see if that resolves it.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Can you do a view/source in IE and post what you see there?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

There, but this doesn't tell me anything 

Hi

For some reason that capture is showing a menu XML object. THese are objects that the phones get from web servers, which tell the phone what to display. You'll notice the set of <menuitem> lines is the list of options you see in the 'settings' menu.

It looks like there is a bug in the firmware to me - I would download and install the latest version of firmware from cisco.com on your cluster and see if that resolves it.

Aaron

Thank you Aaron, it was indeed the issue with old firmware which haven't been updated for a long time. 

Great, glad you have it fixed :-)