cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conf Phone in Corp Directory

b.eman
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to add a Conf Phone to the corp directory (searchable via phone) but I don't want to add an id in AD.  I wouldn't mind adding it to AD but am I correct that every ID synced from AD receives a Uconn mailbox?  I don't want to burn up to many mailboxes just for confrence rooms.

There has to be a solution for this I am just not able to find it.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

benjaminwatt
Level 5
Level 5

Once you've turned on LDAP syncing to AD, your only choice for adding entries to the Corporate Directory is to add it to the AD, so you're going to have to add your conference phone to it for it to appear.

However, you don't have to give it a Unity Connection mailbox, that's entirely up to you. You decide which users have mailboxes and which don't from within Unity Connection.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

benjaminwatt
Level 5
Level 5

Once you've turned on LDAP syncing to AD, your only choice for adding entries to the Corporate Directory is to add it to the AD, so you're going to have to add your conference phone to it for it to appear.

However, you don't have to give it a Unity Connection mailbox, that's entirely up to you. You decide which users have mailboxes and which don't from within Unity Connection.