cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference / Bridge Multiple FXS ports in simultaneous call

brent.ellison
Level 1
Level 1

Curious if anyone has built or setup a solution that allowed you to bridge multiple FXS ports in one simultaneous call?  We have a paging system with a unique campus setup where each of the units is a master for that building but does not connect to the other master devices in the other buildings on campus.  In order to do a page across the entire campus using this solution, we need to open a channel on all of them at the same time or page each individually (not ideal).  The inbound paging input for each system requires an FXS port.  Thanks in advance for any feedback.  

5 Replies 5

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Brent,

You can try configuring one number as a hunt pilot and add the remaining FXS port numbers in the hunt to ring simultaneously when the pilot number is hit.

HTH
Rajan
Please rate all useful posts by clicking the star below and mark solutions as accepted wherever applicable

And that would end up calling only one member of the broadcast line group, assuming they're set to automatically answer, whoever answers first, gets the call, and all other members stop ringing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This is the issue/correct problem that I have - I can do the hunt group setup of course, but that allows only the first member that answers to get the call and these are head end devices where I want each of them to answer and have the active call at the same time to broadcast the one page to their respective building.  It is a very strange design to be honest by the vendor that they don't have any interop between their own head ends that would bridge it on their side and only require one analog input.  Each system in each building has its own analog input requirement and they keep telling our facilities group this is common and your phone person can bridge these connections, but I do not know a way to do it.

Correct a line group would not be a solution, CUCM doesn't have blast dial to do that, if you happen to have CMS/CMM 3.2 blast dial was added to that release

2.2 Blast dial
This release includes the blast dial feature. With this feature configured, when any participant
dials in to a space, all the other contacts from a preset list in the space are dialed out
simultaneously. Blast dial can only be configured for Cisco Meeting Servers which are managed
by Meeting Management.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/Cisco-Meeting-Management/Release-Notes/Cisco-Meeting-Management-3-2-0-Release-notes.pdf

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

CMS is not part of our current architecture, but that sounds like an interesting idea to consider. 

I did find this device:

https://www.tccomm.com/FiberOpticProducts/Products/Broadcasters-Bridges/Phone/246/Emergency-Phone-Line-Bridge-Crash-Phone

We are considering a pilot to test it out, but in our meeting with the vendor they did express that it takes an inbound FXS and then connects to up to 7 other devices with FXS ports to set the call up simultaneously to all. 

I would much prefer a network solution between these devices using multicast or SIP, but that doesn't appear to be an option.