Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference Now- Fast Busy

salvage210
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, @jamie Valencia

I have a tiny cluster of 2 nodes in an isolated (classified) gov't environment.

While I was away, someone configured Conference Now so that employees could have phone meetings during the pandemic.  We have observed that if the Publisher is unavailable (which happens occasionally) the Conference Now number is inaccessible and returns a fast busy.  The Subscriber doesn't seem to handle the call.

I have reviewed the Conference Now configuration procedure. It seems pretty basic. I'm not seeing any obvious errors.

Do I need an IVR pointing to each node? The IVR is registered to the Publisher.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

@salvage210 Yes. You need an IVR on each node. 

Activate the "Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App" on each subscriber node. 

After that, verify that you have an IVR on each subscriber under Media Resources > Interactive Voice Response. You need to look at the IPv4 information at the last column. 

Once you complete the steps above, go Media Resources > Media Resource Group, and add the new IVR resources to each group that you want to have access to them. 

Note: Other media resources such as MTP, Conference Bridge and more also become enabled on each node where you activate the "Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App". You may want to assign those to relevant media resource groups as well, otherwise they will be accessible to all devices in your cluster. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

@salvage210 Yes. You need an IVR on each node. 

Activate the "Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App" on each subscriber node. 

After that, verify that you have an IVR on each subscriber under Media Resources > Interactive Voice Response. You need to look at the IPv4 information at the last column. 

Once you complete the steps above, go Media Resources > Media Resource Group, and add the new IVR resources to each group that you want to have access to them. 

Note: Other media resources such as MTP, Conference Bridge and more also become enabled on each node where you activate the "Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App". You may want to assign those to relevant media resource groups as well, otherwise they will be accessible to all devices in your cluster. 

salvage210
Level 1
Level 1

Brilliant, thanks.

I had the other IVR configured but I observed that it wasn't registered with the Subscriber. the VMSA wasn't running on that node. The IVR is now registered so the Conf Now should work.

It will certainly work as far as the IVR resource of your Subscriber is correctly assigned to each MRG where the IVR resource of your Publisher is assigned.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: