Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference Now wrong announcement language

Hi all!

I've conference now active and working fine.

When I dial the conference now number I hear the announcements on the correct language  - Portuguese.

I made a translation so you can dial from outside and the funny thing is that when a user dial the external number the conference now announcements are in English and not in Portuguese like it should be.

Internally works on Portuguese from the Outside in English.

Device Pool, Network Local on the trunk have Portugal language assigned.

Any ideas??

Best Regards,

Jose Carlos

15 Replies 15

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jose,

Just checking if the locale specified on the Common device configuration applied on the SIP trunk has also been verified. Try resetting the SIP trunk if the settings are in place and test again.

Manish

Hi Manish!!

Thanks for your answer.

This is a PRI trunk connected to a CUBE gateway, connected with MGCP to UCM. The PRI and gateway all have the locale with Portuguese defined.

Best Regards,

Jose carlos

Hi Jose,

So we have MGCP between CUCM and gateway PRI and then a CUBE in the call flow? I am not too sure about such a setup, from cucm perspective the config on mgcp is good enough as explained by you.

Manish

Hi!!

No!!! The CUBE is the gateway, also, and have a PRI card. He - Gateway/CUBE -  is connected with MGCP and, also, is the SRST of the CUCM.

Hope I'm, clear.

Best regards

Jose, Is it possible you to pull CCM traces to dig out the root why this is happening?? If yes make a test call from outside and pull CCM trace and upload the same.

Br,
nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Hi!!!

Please see the attached trace.

The external phone 933774480 called 7150 - Conference now - and hear english prompt and not the Portuguese one.

I would appreciate if you can give me a clue. I suspect a bug on the release but ...

My CUCM os release 11 with update 10.

Best Regards,

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Just wondering how are you dialing into the conference? Is it Unity Connection ? How is that DN Configured ?

I would want to check the locale of the device on which the Conf has been configured

HTH

I'm not using UNITY is Conference Now; new feature that came with release 11 of CUCM.

Best Regards,

Hi all!!

Just to inform you that I opened a TAC on Cisco and this is a BUG from release 11, not from Portuguese language but for all except English.

It's been checked by Cisco.

Best Regards,

José Carlos

Hi Jose,

thanks for update.

Are u referring to the below bug?

Conference Now: Call to Conference Now is rejected when using locales
CSCut20983
How your problem got solved?
regds,
aman

No!!

My issue is when you dial a DID that points to a conference now pilot number gives you the welcome message in english when you have Portuguese as your default language. If you dial internaly or throught a sip trunk everything works fine.

Best Regards,

José Carlos

this means issue is still pending .

No solution as of now.

can u share the bug id ?

regds,

aman

Hi!!!

they made na update that fixed the issue.

Just update to the latest version and your problem is solved (UCSInstall_UCOS_11.5.1.12011-1.sgn.iso)

Best Regards,

Jose Carlos Silva

Hi Jose.

Where do you actually set the language for the conference now ?

Because we had native language when dialing internal and English external... but after changing the gateway from pri MGCP to SIP cube - we now have native internal & external - this is not wanted.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: