Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conferencing issue 6941 CUCM 8.6.2

Hi everybody,

at our customer we are experiencing conferencing problems with the 6941 phones. No chance to add a fourth member, on the SIP phones within the same cluster (8961 & 9951) this works without any problems.
Maximum participants is set to 8, also max calls on the lines, callmanagerservice was already restarted, all tested phones use same MRGL.

Any ideas on this? I supposed it would be a problem with the max participants...it wasn't, as told already the SIP phones work as expected.

Help is appreciated ;)

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

7 Replies 7

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

assign the MRGL to the phone itself and test the conference

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

hi anas,

thx for the reply, but this was exactly like the phones were configured.

btw i also doublechecked location settings, all, including the cfbs, use hub_none. so no cac problem.
we have two sites, with a seperate mrgl per site, but he problem also occurs intrasite. also extension mobility, behaviour is the same on phones with and without em.

...just to complete the description of the environment.

any more ideas on this?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Andreas,

what is your firmware version for 6941 phones, try to upgrade it to the latest

HTH

Anas

the latest one, upgraded recently already, before we got aware of this problem

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

dear

Make sure Service Parameters > Call Manager > Maximum Ad-Hoc Conference Participants I believe the default is 4.

What type of conference bridge are you using in this scenario? IOS HW CFB, or CUCM SW CFB?

If the service parameter checks out then the next thing to check is the number of available resources on the conference bridge you're invoking. The conference bridge invoked can be controlled by changing the MRGL and MRG configuration of the phone hitting the "Conference" softkey . The last thing to check the firmware of your SIP phone , if it comatible with your cisco callmanager v8.6.

Thank you

please rate if this will help

we use hw and sw cfb in the mrgls, max participants are already set from default 4 to 8, and i tried during night. so nobody is using the resource, besides of me. all resources are properly registered.

as i wrote already, funny thing is the SIP phones (8961/9951) work without any problems. only the SCCP ones are troubling me, first time i have "mysterious" problems with the skinny phones, instead of SIP devices.

Hi,

did you try to create hardware conference bridge ? if it is not working I prefer to open a TAC case. if you have a solution please update us

HTH

Anas