cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conferencing issue on cme7.0

satheesh.k
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2851 router as CCME in my network. I have one VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 - 2-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1 and one 4port FXO. I have a PVDM2-48 on motherboard of 2851. I have c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-20.YA.bin as IOS and CCME version 7.0(1) . I have configured E1 and fxo lines. I need to enable hardware conferencing between g729 and g711. I have configured the configs as per cisco technical document. When I was configuring dspfarm profile conference I found the error as

"max sssions "<0-0>" "

I am attaching show run,show diag and sh dspfarm all logs. I tried

network-clock-participate wic 0

voice-card 0

dspfarm

Still the same problem also I tried to minimize the dsp resources use thinking it may be an issue.

voice-card 0

codec complexity flex

The error coming is " % Can't change codec complexity while voice port exist.

% Please remove all DIGITAL voice ports on this voice card first

% before changing codec complexity. "

Please let me know am i missing some config or do we have enough dsp resources for our network.

I can probably drop fxo cards as they are only for backup.

Thanks and regards

SAT

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Conferencing requires an entire DSP. You can calculate how many DSPs you have by dividing the PVMD2-X number by 16, which means you have 3.

"show voice dsp group all" will confirm. The DSPs should be in flex mode by default.

It looks like with the amount of voice calls you're using for your E1 and your analog ports, you don't have a spare DSP to put conferencing on.

Please use the DSP calculator to calculate the DSPs required for this situation:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/DSP/cisco_prodsel.pl

Dropping the FXO/FXS card might help free up enough space to do conferencing.

hth,

nick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Conferencing requires an entire DSP. You can calculate how many DSPs you have by dividing the PVMD2-X number by 16, which means you have 3.

"show voice dsp group all" will confirm. The DSPs should be in flex mode by default.

It looks like with the amount of voice calls you're using for your E1 and your analog ports, you don't have a spare DSP to put conferencing on.

Please use the DSP calculator to calculate the DSPs required for this situation:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/DSP/cisco_prodsel.pl

Dropping the FXO/FXS card might help free up enough space to do conferencing.

hth,

nick

Hi,

After removing the FXO card I am able to proceed further in the configuration. I have completed the configs as per the cisco document. I am trying to make a conference call from my 7941 ip phone. I am getting an error message no line available when I am pressing conf softkey. I am attaching the show running config.

Thanks and regards

SAT

Hi Nick,

I realised dual-line is not conigured. It is working now. Thanks for your support

regards

SAT

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: