cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conferencing issue with Jabber for Windows.

jc12
Level 1
Level 1

Currently testing out Jabber 14.1.3 with CUCM 12.5.

We are running into an issue with conferencing calls with Jabber.  Direct transfers work just fine but conferencing causes the call to fail.  If I check MTP required on the Jabber phone in CUCM the calls can be conferenced without issue, however this causes our call recording to fail.

Checking MTP required on the phone is probably not the way to go.  Any suggestions on this?

8 Replies 8

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you use the software conference bridge configured on the CUCM?
Have you checked the region relationship between the conference bridge and the phones in questions? It needs to be set to 64kbps to allow g711 as that is the only codec the software CFB supports. 

We have software conference bridge configured on CUCM, but I guess I'm not sure if we are actually using that.  I know that with IP Communicator there is no issue, but since we brought in a Jabber client now they can't conference.

Just for testing purposes, place three Jabber devices in the same device pool as the IP Communicator. From Jabber A, place a call to Jabber B. While the call is connected, do a Ctrl+Shift+ S and make sure the call is connected as g711. Next, conference in Jabber C. 

When I make the internal Jabber to Jabber call the codec it uses is OPUS.

When I made a call from Jabber A to Jabber B the codec used was opus, then I called my cell phone as was able to successfully join the calls together.

I made a call from Jabber A to my cell phone and codec was G711 and then was able to conference in Jabber B successfully.

It's only and issue when trying to consult / conference to and external customer.

Consult Transfer is different from conferencing. In the consult transfer you never get connect to both parties at the same time. 

Now, do you have a SIP Trunk or a PRI Trunk on the carrier side?

In case you have a SIP Trunk to the provider, the ITSP may require you to send a known DID in the SIP diversion header on forwarded or transferred calls (for billing purposes). The caller ID of caller being forwarded or transferred should not be "Unknown" or "Anonymous". You need to modify such caller IDs to a  proper10 digit number.

In case you have a PRI trunk, then the carrier may be blocking off-net to off-net call forwarding and call transfer. If so, you need to ask them to allow such calls. Alternatively, you can configure the CUCM/Gateway to change the caller ID of the party A to a known DID that associated with your PRI trunk. 

Are these users who are conferencing in the same device pool ? are there external party involved in the call ? what if you conference with users  who are in same Device pools.

Response Signature

Internal consult / conference works just fine.  So far it's only a call from PSTN to internal Jabber Client, then Jabber Client consults external number.... conference fails.

What you mean by Consult / Conference ? 

If i understood your problem correctly, you have issues when you add a PSTN users on the conference.

What kind of connection our subscribe with ISP(SIP,PRI,Analogue) What your gateway protocol ?

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: