Views
Helpful
Replies

Conferencing with CP-3905

Jesus Sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I jus deployed IP Phones 3905, but they are unable to create a conference of more than 3 participants. Every time we add the fourth, it drops the las one joined.

I know these phones have like a million limitants, but i havent been lucky to find this issue documented. Does anybody knows if this issue is documented? or if it is some weird issue im experiencing.

Yet another question. Why do these phones do not use the Voice Gateway as conference bridge or the software conference bridge? Is it documented anywhere?

Regards.

9 Replies 9

Kevin Monteiro
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jesus,

Are you using a CUCM or CME?

can you confirm the same.

Regards,

Kevin Monteiro

CUCM 8.6

del.

By the way, i already found documented that they support only a conference of three participants:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/3905/8_6/english/user_guide/3905enu_921.pdf

(page 15)

But what i cant understand is why dont they use the gateway as conference bridge or the software conference bridge

This parameter specifies the maximum number of participants that are  allowed in a single Ad Hoc conference. The value of this field depends  on the capabilities of the software/hardware conference bridge. The  maximum number of conference bridge participants for typical conference  bridges follow: Software Conference 64; Cisco Catalyst WS-X6608: 16;  Cisco Catalyst 4000: 16; and NM-HDV: 6. Setting this value above the  maximum capacity of the conference will result in failed entrance to a  conference bridge if you try to add more ports than the specific  conference bridge configuration allows.
   This is a required field.
   Default:                  4
   Minimum:                  3
   Maximum:                  64

:                Warning: CTI applications and the Drop Any Party feature (accessed  via the ConfList softkey) do not support more than 16 participants.  Although an Ad Hoc conference can support more than 16 participants, the  participant list used by CTI applications and the Drop Any Party  feature will display only the 16 most recent conference participants.  Note: If you clicked Save just prior to receiving this message, the Save  operation did not occur. Please click OK and then click Save again to  save your changes.

This is how you enable it:

1. Configure CM -> Service Parameter -> Call Manager -> Advanced Ad Hoc Conference Enabled = True and Maximum Ad Hoc Conference = 4  2.

Regards,

Kevin Monteiro

We have actually configured conferences with 8 participants (we have a ISR 2951 with enogh DSPs, everything is configured as it should on the CUCM side). we tested with other phones ans IP comm and we are able to do conferences of more than 3 participants, but with the 3905, we just cant. Apparently they are not using the conference bridges.

Hi,

Try to upgrade the firmware, I am using 3905.9-2-2-0. The 3905 using Conference Bridge.

Regards,

Humala Pontas

With that firmware are you able to conference more than 3 participants?

humala pontas
Level 1
Level 1

No, it's still only 3 participants for 3905. And even if we invite from others phone type, it will shows unavailable message when the conference already have 3 participants.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: