Views
Helpful
Replies

config example needed for CUCME (hard phone) with CUVA (camera II) on Win 7 x64

walter baziuk
Level 5
Level 5

Hello:

I am looking for a tested solution showing how to configure a ssyem to allow CUCME (hard phone) to associate to work together with a with CUVA (camera II) on a Win 7 x64 PC

Environment:
When a user sits down, they log into the PC and get authorization from AD. They then log into the IP phone at the next desk that is free. Then their assigned capabilities are assigned to the desk they sat down at. This works fine in our "hot seat" environment as we have more users than seats. No desk are dedicated to any users, like the beds in a submarine.

Users are requesting a local VTC from their desk so they can better collaborate with their peers at other sites and across the globe. Thet are currently able to dial into an MCU and participate in a VTC, but only with audio and no ability to transmit or receive pictures/videos

The users prefer to do 1:1 or small VTCs at their desks rather than go into our single large VTC room. This will also allow then to access their files so that they can better discuss, demonstrate and show their peers vs. limited to what they brought into the VTC room. At times, the VTC room is busy, having local VTC at their desk, reduces booking conflicts and improves user productivity

Hardware we have:
We are are using CME /CUCME on c38xx ios 12.4(24)t2 . we recently got our CUVA video II camera to work in a win 7 x64 environment. see other posting in communities.cisco.com The solution ws posted there as there was none on the cisco.com main web site. We run mobility on the user side, thus users log into the phone. all desks are dynamic, thus no user is tied to any one particular phone, desk or PC.

• our desktop PC are connect by 1 Gb/s fibre back to the switch
  • our 7965 ip phones are run over POE CU back to the switch, we have desktop PDU and connect their monitor Ethernet port back through the phones 2nd port. each type of device is in their own VLAN
  • None of the PC plug into the phone.
  • We are also starting to deploy zero clients with good success. In the next 1-2 years, we expect to ditch all the desktop PC and have all users run off VM atop our UCS/CVE environment

Solution requested:
We would like the user to be able to have local VTC sessions by dialing into an MCU session. They would still like to use the voip phone to dial possibly with the headset to hear and see. The video images should come from the PC Cisco video II camera on the PC that is in the same v-cube at the phone.Cisco sold many CUVA video camera II sets yet the details of config are slim and non on the cisco.com site itself

1. Does any one know how to associate the hard voip phone with a desktop session?
  2. Other than running a phone soft client on the PC, how does one link the two?
  3. Any ideas?
5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are various APIs that can return the IP address of a phone. Once you have that, you can work your way to the related PC.

hello

i am looking for a tested solution that i can deploy. we are not interested in writing hand crafted code.

both the phone and pc both need to know of each other

btw what does the vieo setting do in cucme ephone settings?

What you want is a custom solution, so you will have to run custom software.

To know what command does what:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_cr.html

hello all

the ONLY way i can get it to work is to plug the PC into the phones 2nd LAN port (;

with that , the users have a working soln

as long as video is enabled; they can caal another user or an MCU

Hello:

This is the thread we followed and got the cameras to work in XP pro

you need the following from logitech

it is a 52 MB file. , if someone has an ftp site i can upload it to,  i can do so if you can't find the file

lws110_x64.exe

these are the steps to follow

I have tried it and it works but it doesn't let the video advantage work with anything except an IP Communicator. The solution is as follows

1)  Download the latest driver from Logitech's website for Vista x64 for the QCP 5000.

2)  From a non-Windows 7 PC (or from XP Mode), run the installer.  Let it extract all of the files, and DO NOT PROCEED through the installation
process (or if it errors, keep the error message open).  Go to the Temp folder where the files were extracted (in my case, in XP Mode, it was
C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Temp\QuickCam_11.1.0)  COPY (don't Move) this folder to a location that's accessible to your
Windows 7 system.

3a)  For Cisco VT users, go into the \QuickCam_11.1.0\Drivers\x64\PRO464 folder and edit the lPRO464v.ini file.  Do a find-and-replace, finding
08C5 and replacing it with 08C7 (this essentially makes the ini file identify your Cisco VT device ID as a QCP 5000).  Save and close the ini
file.

3b)  Go into Devices and Printers.  Go into the properties for the USB Composite Device, find the Unknown Composite Device, and update the
driver.  Select to manually specify the driver location.  Point it to the \QuickCam_11.1.0\Drivers\x64\PRO464 folder, and you should be all set.

Hope it helps

====

As time goes on, old methods stop working or get very out of date...

In a similar manner to previous posters I have been able to get lws110_x64 to work. In this case, it says it supports the Pro 5000 but it seems
to be a newer model. In this case, replace 08CE with 08C7 (rather than replacing 08C5 which is the old model cam and isn't listed) in the
lPRO564v.inf file.

1. Unplug the cam.

2. Download LWS from ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/quickcam/ and start the installation on your Win7 64bit machine.

3. Once running it will want you to plug the cam in. Don't as it won't detect it. Just let it sit there.

4. Locate the inf file and make the above changes. In my case it was in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Logitech_Webcam_1.10.1113.0\ but
the path may very depending on the exact version you have downloaded.

5. Quit the install and restart it.

6. When asked, plug the cam in. As usual, it will think its a Pro5000.

From there it worked like a charm. I was able to use the cam brightness/etc settings from within the Logitech app, but if I clicked 'Webcam
Settings' in Skype it caused Skype to die.

I haven't tested this with any of the other Cisco communicator stuff thus far.

It was the LWS/Readme/readme.html in the above installer that gave me the hint on the old vs. new model thing as it had the Pro 5000 listed but
with a different ID.

====