cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Config for 2801 MGCP across WAN and SRST for local lines

cjsunderland
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2801 and I am trying to setup at a new location that we are opening. We have CCM 7.1.5 and it works fine, our new office has 8 AT&T local lines and I have a 2801 with VIC2-4FXO cards, but I am not sure how to get the traffice from the remote site to the CCM properly, or how to make it dial out using the local lines. Or pretty much anything at all (I know kinda sad). If I can get this going my company will send me to the proper training, so it is pretty important.

3 Replies 3

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Once you define and register the phones and ata to CUCM they will use the setting pushed from CUCM

Also you need to add the voice gateway to CUCM as MGCP if you like and define the appropriate ports as per your existing hardward

If you can attend c voice and Cipt training will be good for you to understand how setupmand manage this environment

HTH

If helpful rate

I know that the phones will get the config from the Call Manager, they have already been setup, but I am trying to get the routing correct from the remote office back to the data center so that the traffice will go to the Call Manager.

Ip traffic will use the ip ruting in your network

Pstn call routing will be based on your CUCM setting such using the local voice gateway for pstn call

By using the appropriate route group ad rout list

Also you may use CUCM local route group call routing approach

HTH

If helpful rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: