Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration for incoming calls in a 2900 router

Good day everyone,

May be a silly question but I can't figure what I'm Missing.

I have a lab in a 2800 router.

Basically I hace 4 FXO ports and 4 FXS. and my goal is to receive calls via analog ports and have them routed to the phones.

Dial peer config is:

dial-peer voice 329 pots   ##This is internal extension 329
 destination-pattern 329
 port 0/2/3
!
dial-peer voice 330 pots  ##This is internal extension 330
 destination-pattern 330
 port 0/2/2
!
dial-peer voice 2 pots                       ## For incoming call I'm trying this Dial peer to receive the number associated to the Analog line
 incoming called-number 2095...
 direct-inward-dial
!
dial-peer voice 3 pots                     ## And Finally this last Dial peer is the one i Would like to act as the one who routes the call to the FXS extension 330
 destination-pattern 5330
 port 0/2/2

I tried to check for configuration of the Voice Prt 0/0/0 to see if there was anything needed on taht side but could not find anything useful. I tried to configure Voice-port Connect plar 330 but did not worked, that is why I'm trying with an incoming called-number configuration.

I'm in Mexico and using an Analog line from Telmex carrier so I don't know if that makes a difference in this Analog FXOs and something special might need to be configured.

Full configuration is attached.

I appreciate any suggestion.

3 Replies 3

Hi Daniel,

which is the target of the call?

An IP Phone locally registered or an IP Phone behind a CUCM?

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo,

The target of the call is an analog Station that is connected to the same router., I have 2 FXS extensions 329 and 330, and 2 FXO analog lines  XXXXXX5329 and YYYYYY5330.

Basically what I want to do is to configure that incoming calls in each analog line makes the internal extensions sound according to their ending numbers.

Is this even possible? or am I asking for something no sense???

Thanks kin advance for any comment.

Hi Daniel,

yes is possible with connection plar as you tested but first I need to know if  numbers XXXXXX5329 and XXXXXX5330 are assigned to one port each or they are load balanced across those two fxo ports.

Please specify the IOS version you are running on VG

Try under fxo port

voice-port 0/0/0

connection plar-opx 329

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"