Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration to access Cisco IP phone through internet to call local dn number

noorudden
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know that i have a Cisco VoIP setup configured at Office and would like to make calls to local DN-Number from my home or any other place in the world through broadband internet which has dynamic public ip address.

is it possible and what is the configuration?

Thanks in Advance

Nooruddin

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
There are multiple architectural solutions for this. The most common one currently used is Mobile and Remote Access supported by the Cisco Expressway product. Another option is a VPN solution on your laptop/mobile device and even an 8800 series IP Phone using the PhoneVPN AnyConnect integration.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/PA/overview/12x/clbpa12x.html#pgfId-105381

Thanks for the reply, but please see my following scenario in which i need to configure commands in order for Windows client to connect to vpn on Cisco Router.

Cisco Router 2821 connected to Internet through private IP and required ports will be forwarded to it.
Cisco Gi0/1 interface IP address is 172.16.0.1/24
Mikrotik internet router interface is 172.16.0.3/24

Hi Jonathan,
I think i may have explained incorrectly but i have successfully configured VPN PPTP and configured IP communicator and working absolutely fine.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: