cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure an extention that after threee calls a message appears like "The users is not available" and then finish the call

I would like to know if it is possible to configure in the Call Manager or in the Unity Connection an extention that sounds only three times and then the person who is calling hear a message like that "The user is not available" and after that the call ended.

This is for people who is bussy or not available to answer the call.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So, you can to call the same guy 3 times, and then get a message he's busy??

If so, that's not possible, neither CUCM nor CUC keep track of the number of calls to do some action based on it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for your comments Jaime, what I want to say is if a person who is calling to another one that is busy, after three tones the message "The user is not available" will appear and then the call will finish.

That is what I looking for.

No, not possible. There is no way for CUCM to provide a message on the screen based on call status, the only thing you get to control that, are the CFB/CFNA fields as to where to send the call.

HTH

java

Appear on the phone or can it be they can hear a message "the user is not available"?

If it can be the latter:

1. On unity, create a mailbox in unity, say extension 1234. Record a personal greeting (in your case it's "The user is not available") and play it instead of the system greeting, but change after message action to hang up.

2. Create a DN 1234, then forward all to voicemail.

3. Then on the extensions, set the forward no answer timer to 3 rings (approx. 12 seconds or so?). For forward no answer/busy, point to 1234.

If your unity is set up to use first rather than last DN to route to a voicemail, then you might need to create a Direct Routing Rule that if the called number is 1234, then go to 1234's mailbox.

dwayne rattan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Let me see if I get this straight. You want user A after 3pm whenever he gets a call to only receive three ring tones and after that the caller will hear a voice message stating that they are not available ?

During working hours this person receives calls normal 3 or more rings and end in voicemail ?

The function you are asking for can be done using Time of day routing together with and Automated Attendant

OR

if you prefer you can configure a hunt group configure a time schedule on unity send the call to the hunt pilot and set the no answer field to a CTI that will send the call back to Unity. Be careful on unity you will have to configure the route rule as a forwarded station number (DN on CTI).

He doesn't mention time as a factor anywhere in the post, I don't believe that's a variable here.

HTH

java